Contact Numbers Are Deleted Whenever Installing Rom?

want a droid

Reaction score
I keep having this problem. At first I thought it was MotaBoy's Rom, but after trying Epic's 2.5 Rom I'm having the same problem. All my contact numbers are gone. The Rom is working though like what can I be doing wrong?

I put the zip on my sd, mount then install.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you wiping cache/data? That will remove your contacts.

Otherwise /Data isn't touched and they all should be there...

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
That's what I don't get because I'm not wiping cache or data. All my facebook friends are still in my contact list, but all their numbers are gone and any other numbers like my moms and boss and such are gone.

I can access all my contacts on the verizon wireless website. They have a sync option but whenever I press it nothing happens so I'm not sure what's good with that. I guess I just have to stick with stock rom until someone comes out with one for the droid 2 that works for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That's what I don't get because I'm not wiping cache or data. All my facebook friends are still in my contact list, but all their numbers are gone and any other numbers like my moms and boss and such are gone.

I can access all my contacts on the verizon wireless website. They have a sync option but whenever I press it nothing happens so I'm not sure what's good with that. I guess I just have to stick with stock rom until someone comes out with one for the droid 2 that works for me.

Use a google account to back up your contacts. Doesn't the backup program that comes with D2 back up contacts?

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
what would be the best and easiest way to get my numbers back. If I make a back up of my current rom then load my stock one, how can I save my contacts in a way where I can load the newer rom back up and then get my contacts back

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stop using the VZW backup for your contacts...it makes no sense w/the Droid.

Put your contacts into your primary Gmail account you use on your phone...from then on they will always be backed up to the cloud and sync'd to/from the phone automatically.

I would clear all contacts from your phone, enter them into your Gmail account and then you're done.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Should I put my contacts in on the computer or on the phone.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doing it on the computer is much easier to type it all in...go to your Gmail account and open Contacts and put them in there...as soon as you enter them you'll find they will sync to your phone. Magic. :)

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
If I add numbers in and others are already there will they show up twice or what

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clear contacts from your phone first...go to Settings>Apps>Manage>All Apps and clear data/cache for contacts, contacts storage.

Then check contacts to ensure they are gone.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
As I add them in will they automatically appear there or do I have to sync some how

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I add them in will they automatically appear there or do I have to sync some how

They automatically appear.

Make sure sync is on for your account...go to Settings>Accounts and select your Gmail account, and make sure that sync is turned on for Contacts (and Calendar, assuming you keep your schedule in that Gmail account, or want to) as well as mail.