1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contact Look Up by Business Name

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Woodward, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Woodward

Woodward New Member

I have a Verizon Droid and would like to search my contacts by company name, city or state on my Droid. Is there a way to do this?
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Probably if you edited the contacts to include their company name, city or state in their contact info.....although I've never tried this I cannot say for sure that this will work, but it would be worth a try

EDIT: Just tried this out with a doctors office I had in my contacts.........I put Medical as the Organization, Doctor as the Position, and in the Notes section, I put the town in which its located......

In my Google Search bar widget, a search for "doctor" turned up the contact, but a search for "medical" or the town in which its located was negative on bringing the contact up in the results....perhaps if you put the most important info in the Position field, you could organize the contacts in which you could search for them......

Hope this helps!
Search tags for this page

andriod contact search by organization

how to look up business names on contact liston android phon

view contacts with organization name s4