Contact List Sort by Last Name NOT IN 2.2????

pcw

Reaction score
2.2 update for the Droid I included sort by Last Name First in the contact list. Unless they hid this feature in the 2.2 update for the DX, I can't find it. Did they screw us on this? What's up, Motorola????

JTAndrews

Reaction score
You're kidding me...

I'm downloading 2.2 right now, and my only hope is that I can get the phone to sort all my contacts by last name first. Until now (and maybe into the future), my phone has sorted some contacts by last name and others by first name. They've got to fix this.

JT

mickeyboy

Reaction score
I contacted Verizon and Motorola about the sort issue. Nope, the phone cannot sort by last name. Also, does not show the ringtone assigned to a contact. 1/2 step forward and 3 back. Can't wait for the iphone!

OP
pcw

pcw

Reaction score
I'd like to see that documented somewhere. I'm skeptical. And if it turns out to be true, that will be a significant factor in my decision about keeping the DroidX or going back to a Blackberry. I can always get an iTouch or similar product to keep me entertained.

mickeyboy

Reaction score
I hear you, Pcw! I've was an avid BB fan but went to Droid 1 because of the browser speed, variety of apps and camera that Droid is better at; but initially hated it. Then, just before I went back to BB, the 2.2 came out and I instantly changed my mind. 2.2 in D1 is so much better than this, which makes me think that upcoming updates will fix these (numerous) issues. If Motorola and Google don't get their act together, numerous users will immediately dump DX for the iphone, when (if) it comes to Verizon in January. I may dump it even if they do fix the issues; Apple "gets it," so much better than Google. Good luck.

OP
pcw

pcw

Reaction score
Hey mickeyboy,
I'm less inclined to blame Google than I am Motorola and particularly Verizon Wireless. Afterall, Google implemented last name sort in Gmail some time ago, and implemented it in the 2.2 update for your Droid I (as well as Google contact sync for Blackberry). I don't think this is a Droid oversight. But hey, that's just me...

Are ya sensing the frustration, developers???????????????????