Contact list pushed out to devices

lucky

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to be able to push 1 contact list out to multiple Droids? An app that can be managed from a PC, changed when needed and then pushed out to the devices without the end user needing to do anything?

OP
lucky

lucky

Reaction score
It's for a group of users that the manager wants to be able to have the same contact list sent to each device and as changes occur to the list, be able to make the changes from his PC and then send the new list out to the device seamlessly so the user doesn't have to cable sync or manually add the numbers.

hughesjr

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to be able to push 1 contact list out to multiple Droids? An app that can be managed from a PC, changed when needed and then pushed out to the devices without the end user needing to do anything?
Your contacts can be GMail managed ... so anything you can "import to Gmail" can then come into your Droid. So, anything you can do HERE can be used to distribute contacts to multiple people.

You can also do it via a CSV File

Last edited:
OP
lucky

lucky

Reaction score
Your contacts can be GMail managed ... so anything you can "import to Gmail" can then come into your Droid. So, anything you can do HERE can be used to distribute contacts to multiple people.

But then the end user has to sign into a gmail account onto the droid for the OTA sync to occur, right?

crspang

Reaction score

But then the end user has to sign into a gmail account onto the droid for the OTA sync to occur, right?

Yes, but if they have a Droid they have a gmail account right? You can have multiple gmail accounts synced to the phone too.

You may want to consider setting up a gmail account for the purpose of contact pushing and have everyone set that account up to sync on their phones. My wife and I share an account for contacts and calender and gmail for our business. We have it set up as a secondary gmail account on our phones.

OP
lucky

lucky

Reaction score

Yes, but if they have a Droid they have a gmail account right? You can have multiple gmail accounts synced to the phone too.

You may want to consider setting up a gmail account for the purpose of contact pushing and have everyone set that account up to sync on their phones. My wife and I share an account for contacts and calender and gmail for our business. We have it set up as a secondary gmail account on our phones.

It's for about 20 users, so I want to make it as easy as possible. This may work.

braaten, I'll look at that solution as well, thanks!

any other feedback is still welcome!

joshua117

Reaction score
i would try braaten's advice first, the only thing that i could think of as far as 3rd party apps would be "bump". it does allow you to share contact info from droid to droid wirelessly, however they have to be in close proximity and i believe it is only one at a time. (i know not very convenient or practical with the number of phones your taking about, but that the only 3rd party app that i could think of that would do this)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you tried to sync more than one Droid to a single email account?
I have 3 gmail accounts synced with my Droid.

One "company" account, update contacts in that and then they would be pushed to each Droid.

Worth a shot.

Mr Steve

Reaction score

This is how I'd do it. Any changes made to the contact list on the PC through Gmail would be automagically synced to all the Droids.

Nothing else to buy, no program to run to make sure you're up to date, it just 'works' in the background.

sarreq

Reaction score
you can do it via Bump (the Market is your friend), but you have to add each contact one at a time before you bump phones (.......that just does not sound right...)