contact list only displaying 3 contacts

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
This just started happening last night. I opened up my contact list and I said "displaying 3 contacts" at the top. I can search for contacts I know are there and call logs show names for numbers that are in the contact list, and so does favorites, but they don't show up in the contact list. It appears that it's only displaying contacts that are in my gmail contacts. Like I said, it just started last night, at about 5am. It worked fine at midnight when I was showing my sister-in-law something, and I don't remember changing anything.

Also, is there a way to control volume for certain things more easily? For example, controlling media volume? Sometimes I'm playing a game or doing something with sound that's controlled by media volume yet when I try to turn the volume down it just turns the ringer volume down. The only way I've found to get the media volume down is to open an app that uses media volume.

And finally, why the heck does calendar and google talk and amazon mp3 and other programs that I never have or will use, show up in advanced task killer. I have never opened those programs, yet they always seem to show up in the list, wasting my available memory.

I've only had the phone for a few days, and these problems are tarnishing the excitement I had for it. Can you guys please help me figure this out!

romanrish

Reaction score
I had this happen after my update. You need to go into your contacts setting menu and select all contact buttons. For some reason it deselects them on its own when you update

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
All I have in my contact settings is search, new contact, display options, accounts, and import/export. And the option you specified is not under any of them.

One more question to add on, if I might, sometimes when I go on a site, usually google, it automatically defaults to spanish and displays all the text in spanish. It's really REALLY annoying. How can I make that stop, too?

Jaylor

Reaction score
*ughs* I had this issue also.

Following romanrish's post I did the following and fixed it:

Went into contacts
Click Menu
Display Options
My Gmail account
Select the groups you want to sync.

(NOTE: If you had your phone book transferred from a diff phone to the DROID your contacts. will be in the "All Other Contacts")

Of course this category includes a buncha other random contacts of people you've emailed from Gmail. Also, the All Other Contacts doesn't actually exist in your Gmail contacts for some odd reason.

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I actually just went to the verizon store and figured it out. My contacts were backed up from my old voyager, and I know they were there because I could search them and fring displayed them. Well I had turned off contact syncing, so that had disabled showing the contacts. Once I turned that back on all the contacts from gmail got dumped to my phone. Not what I wanted. So the verizon guy took a look at it and found the "only contacts with phone numbers" option. Select that and bam, you get your contacts back.

At least that worked for me. All my google contacts are here, I'm just only showing the contacts that have phone numbers.