1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contact List Force Close

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dbroadbent, Feb 28, 2012.

1. dbroadbent

dbroadbent New Member

I posted this on a different forum, but nobody replied, leaving me to believe I posted it on the wrong spot. Here goes:

I'm on a rooted Droid X2 (version 2.3.4), and I rooted using a program that did everything automatically. Since the bootloader for the X2 is locked, I haven't really researched more into it (I had the original droid... the glory days of rooting!), and haven't kept up on all the new programs/apps/etc.

I've done research into the issue, and clearly I deleted (deleted, didn't freeze) something Yahoo-related that makes the contacts storage flip out whenever you try to add/edit/delete/view/think about doing anything with it. Okay, okay. I know what I did wrong, now I need help fixing it.

I've wiped everything and did a 'factory reset', which (as I'm sure you know) did nothing but make me frustrated, since I had to re-download the 20 or so apps I had for my kid.

Since the Yahoo Contacts (or the Yahoo Authenticator) app won't reinstall itself, how can I get it back on my phone? I don't mind if it involves a complete reset, or even un-rooting it, to get it back.

I've tried to follow other threads giving solutions for this issue, but I wasn't able to completely understand what they were saying, since they all said to use SBF [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]recovery[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], which the X2 doesn't have.

Please help, I'll give you a hug. :)
Search tags for this page
android 2.3.4 contacts crash
android 2.3.4 new contact force close
android htc contacts force close
android.htc contacts force close

contact list force close

contact list force close droid x2

contact list force close on htc incredible

droid contacts crash when adding/editting
droid ii contact list closing
droid x2 contact list force closing