Contact list and call logs gone... phone or network problem??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by liguy257, Dec 20, 2010.

1. liguy257

liguy257 New Member

I went into chomp to send a text message this morning and I noticed that instead of all the names being displayed I only saw the phone number, so I pulled up my contacts list and it's completely gone--nothing. So I click on Call Log and that's completely empty too... wtf? I used the phone last night before I went to bed and it was fine, woke up to this.

is this a phone problem or a verizon problem? never had anything like this happen in the 10+ years I've had a cell phone.
  2. liguy257

liguy257 New Member

figured it out. apparently i turned off syncing so it wasn't pulling in my contacts from Google. None of this explains where the hell my entire call log went though... annoying...
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Disabling sync shouldn't remove your contacts though. Not sure what's going on there but the network isn't the issue.
  4. liguy257

liguy257 New Member

That's what I thought but when I enabled sync again all my contacts came back. It's weird also because I disabled sync like three or four days before teh contacts vanished. And none of this explains where my three months of call history went.
  5. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I've had all my text message threads disappear in the middle of the day. That's happened twice in the over a year that I've had the OG. No idea where they went or what the hell happened, but it sucked cuz my nandroid backup was like 2 months old.
    What I do now is have titanium make backups every week of the call history, SMS/MMS, etc.
    There's only a few files that are like that, the same color as the SMS and dialer storage. Thinking about making it more frequently than a week now tho.
  6. thedefectkid

thedefectkid New Member

Just happned to me when I woke up today everything gone but I can't resync through gmail scary stuff I wrote to Google so ill see
Search tags for this page

android call log disappear

android call log empty

call log disappeared android

call log missing lg
cell phone contact names disappear
contact list gone from phone
contacts disappear and call log empty
how can your cal log on your cell phone disappear
my contact list disappeared on my phone
my phone call log is empty

phone contact list missing