Contact information Issues

droidedin

Reaction score
For some reason when I edit a contact, their are multiple sections for Google Contact. It repeats the same information in 3 separate sections. (All say Google Contact) I only have one Google account setup.

I also have my Exchange account, which syncs with my google contact.

So, now I have 4 instances of the same contact showing up when I either eit the contact, or create a new text message.

I have already wiped, and resynced many times.

Has anyone experiencing this issue?

InfernoX51

Reaction score
For some reason when I edit a contact, their are multiple sections for Google Contact. It repeats the same information in 3 separate sections. (All say Google Contact) I only have one Google account setup.

I also have my Exchange account, which syncs with my google contact.

So, now I have 4 instances of the same contact showing up when I either eit the contact, or create a new text message.

I have already wiped, and resynced many times.

Has anyone experiencing this issue?

I didn't have this exact issue on mine when I got it, but it was similar. Log on to your Google/Gmail account on a computer, go to your contacts and clean things up there. Mine were a clusterf*** before I went in and fixed things. You want to look for multiple entries for people, like having someones phone number, email address, facebook account, etc all under seperate entries. Just merge them all together. You can do it on the Droid, but its much easier on a regular comp.

ashenfang

Reaction score
I went through the same thing when I set up droid 2. I worked with VZW support and then Motorola Tech support up to Tier 3. They couldn't figure it out either. The only thing they said that could have caused this was using another restore program (backup assistant, back up pro ect) when the phone was google syncing. I had to do a wipe, then let the phone sync. Wait until it is all done before using any other restore program.

OP
droidedin

droidedin

Reaction score
Problem Solved

I should have thought to logon through google.com

There is an option to Find and Merge Duplicates.

Just ran that tool, and resynced.

Problem Solved.

Thanks Inferno.

How is your rom running? I tried an overclocked version of Rubik, and it kepot on acting buggy. I'm back to standard Rubik, and it seems better.

Always looking for something better though.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Cm nightlies are awesome, but addicting. I've beenconstantly lurking on the cm forums waiting for the next one to post haha. 9/15 build is live now fyi. More on that later.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk