Contact (I mean "people") phone #'s

nitrate28

Reaction score
This is an issue I've had across 2 devices and (I think) 3 OS. I have a lot of contacts (>2000) with multiple phone #'s. When viewing, trying to call or text a contact, only 1-2 of the numbers are shown. The reason this is a major issue for me is my # is blocked. Therefore, each contact's mobile # has to be listed as 2 #'s-1 with a *82 and 1 without so I can text. In the past, I was able to swipe the contact, select text, then use a drop down to choose the "non *82" number.

ICS only seems to have the smiley envelope option for texting, which I can't use with *82 numbers.

VZW and Motorola's solutions for this in the past, of course have been: wipe phone/replace phone. It ain't a device issue!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
nitrate28

nitrate28

Reaction score
This is an issue I've had across 2 devices and (I think) 3 OS. I have a lot of contacts (>2000) with multiple phone #'s. When viewing, trying to call or text a contact, only 1-2 of the numbers are shown. The reason this is a major issue for me is my # is blocked. Therefore, each contact's mobile # has to be listed as 2 #'s-1 with a *82 and 1 without so I can text. In the past, I was able to swipe the contact, select text, then use a drop down to choose the "non *82" number.

ICS only seems to have the smiley envelope option for texting, which I can't use with *82 numbers.

VZW and Motorola's solutions for this in the past, of course have been: wipe phone/replace phone. It ain't a device issue!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just for the heck of it, I started removing the *82 numbers and the problem is solved. Why no one at Vzw or Moto weren't able to figure this out in over 2 years is beyond me.