Contact History Eraser

erict

Reaction score
I am running 2.1 and wonder if there is an app to erase contact history? I thought this was an option that comes with 2.2 but another member says he has this tab option running 2.1. What am I missing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite understanding. You can remove your texas by deleting them, phone calls can be cleaned by one touch. Where else is there history?

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
I'm not quite understanding. You can remove your texas by deleting them, phone calls can be cleaned by one touch. Where else is there history?

If you press a contact and slide the screen over to the left it will show the history of the contact. I believe it only shows the last 10 entries. That's the history I want to delete. As an example I can delete the text conversation but when the same contact sends me a text it will show previous conversations above the current text.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you press a contact and slide the screen over to the left it will show the history of the contact. I believe it only shows the last 10 entries. That's the history I want to delete. As an example I can delete the text conversation but when the same contact sends me a text it will show previous conversations above the current text.

I just went to my contacts and selected my wife. and swiped to the left. Message said no recent contact updates.

Now my wife and I do text from time to time but I usually will clear the conversation. I have a D2 and you have an X but this should be the same on both phones.

I can't duplicate what you're experiencing.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score

I just went to my contacts and selected my wife. and swiped to the left. Message said no recent contact updates.

Now my wife and I do text from time to time but I usually will clear the conversation. I have a D2 and you have an X but this should be the same on both phones.

I can't duplicate what you're experiencing.

Yours must clear it completely. Send a text from her phone and don’t clear the conversation and it should show up in the history like mine does. But when I delete the conversation it will still show under history.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
lol i got confused

The problem is when I delete the conversation it will still show under the contact history for that person. So when that contact sends me a text later it shows the old texts above the current one sent.

Remember I am still running 2.1 and think that I can only delete contact history with 2.2 and am trying to confirm this.

txrain35

Reaction score
if u hit the menu key while youre on that specific contact you can choose clear history and it will delete everything from that person.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
if u hit the menu key while youre on that specific contact you can choose clear history and it will delete everything from that person.

I can't as there is no option running 2.1 to clear history for a specific contact. This is what I'm trying to find out if this is an option in 2.2

txrain35

Reaction score
oh sorry guess i missed that part!
have you tried calling ur carrier and asking them how u can do it?

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
oh sorry guess i missed that part!
have you tried calling ur carrier and asking them how u can do it?

No but I am hoping someone with 2.1 can chim in and say they are unable to do this as well. And also someone with 2.2 saying this can be done.

txrain35

Reaction score
ok i couldnt stand it as i am a deleter myself...so i called verizon and asked them how u could delete ur contact history. he said even tho ur running 2.1 u should still b able to hold that contact down and a screen will/should pop up giving u the option to delete. however he also said u would have to do each contact separately.
let me know if that works.

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
ok i couldnt stand it as i am a deleter myself...so i called verizon and asked them how u could delete ur contact history. he said even tho ur running 2.1 u should still b able to hold that contact down and a screen will/should pop up giving u the option to delete. however he also said u would have to do each contact separately.
let me know if that works.

Yes, it gives you the option but the option is to delete the contact and not just the history of the contact. Having the history show in each contact doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when you text someone and delete the conversation afterwords and then later on be it 1 hour or a few days later, it shows the last conversation you had with the contact right above the new text you just received from them. Anyone else notice this that is running 2.1? And anyone running 2.2, is there an option to delete the history under contact history?

txrain35

Reaction score
:( well i gave it a shot, sorry it wasnt any help to u! if u get it figured out let me know how u did it!

OP
E

erict

Reaction score
:( well i gave it a shot, sorry it wasnt any help to u! if u get it figured out let me know how u did it!

Thanks for the help.