Contact FB pics not showing up in address book?

ladennis

Reaction score
I am having a problem getting my FB friends' pics to show up next to their name in my contacts. All that is there is the blue and white silhouette thingy. I have synced my FB contacts, installed FB for Android, uninstalled and reinstalled it, taken the battery out, registered phone with Facebook. I have had Droid phones before and when I synced they all just showed up. What am I doing wrong? Please help me!!!

OP
L

ladennis

Reaction score
I am having a problem getting my FB friends' pics to show up next to their name in my contacts. All that is there is the blue and white silhouette thingy. I have synced my FB contacts, installed FB for Android, uninstalled and reinstalled it, taken the battery out, registered phone with Facebook. I have had Droid phones before and when I synced they all just showed up. What am I doing wrong? Please help me!!!

kbillings911

Reaction score
Have you hit the "get friends" option in the menu within contacts? Try that. It may take a few hours or even a day to complete the sync of the pictures

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MissCShort

Reaction score
I am having a problem even getting the contacts to sync at all. I went to Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Manage accounts -> Facebook -> sync contacts.

No facebook contacts showing up in Contact list

crazy650

Reaction score
yea i see what he is talking about i want to know why in contacts yuo cant edit the ring tone? for each person like the htc eris????? my eris you could edit ring tone and link there fb to that person right there im kinda pissed i can with this phone wtf

MissCShort

Reaction score
I finally got it to work by holding down a contact until the menu came up, hitting link contact and at the top of that is 'Get Friends', click that. It should say Facebook and then you can just go through and check all the people you want added to your contact list. Then it duplicated the contacts in your contact list so you have to go back through and individually link them through the same process. Hope this is helpful. If not reply and I will try to help more. :)

Dubyadubya

Reaction score
Thanks, MissCShort, I'm trying to help my sister with this same problem and it's frustrating both of us! If there is a quicker way to do this that'd be great, she's a college girl with A LOT of contacts so doing this one by one will be ridiculous!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App