1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contact Categories

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by liam., Jun 28, 2010.

1. liam.

liam. New Member

Is there any way to categorize my contacts? Like having a work category, family, friends, etc??
  2. liam.

liam. New Member

anything? help...
  3. DarkNet

DarkNet New Member

The categories already exist but they are not very well placed and are not modifiable from the phone as of yet. AFAIK
  4. dagrainger

dagrainger New Member

Yes, you can categorize your contacts. Unfortunately, not from your phone. You can log into your Google mail account and categorize your contacts there. You can add custom categories there as well. Once categorized, you can search by category on your phone.
  5. Guitar4Him

Guitar4Him New Member

I think you're calling "categories' what Google calls "groups" Are you talking about searching by groups using the stock phone app? I couldn't figure any way to do this. Searching the web indicated that this was impossible with the stock phone app. Eventually, I grabbed an app called "Clix - Group Manager" which works great. It's $0.99, but well worth it. Another huge problem I discovered with the stock phone app is that its searching capability is very limited. There's lots of data contained in the contact entries which can't be search for. This is really a big shortcoming on the part of Google. After struggling with this for a while, I researched available apps and eventually got an app called "Contact Search +". It cost $2.99 and is worth every penny. It really opens up search capabilities on your phone. Ken
  6. dagrainger

dagrainger New Member

You are correct, the stock app does not allow searching or sorting by group. I use Handcent for txt and it allows use of the groups you have set up in y9our google account.
Search tags for this page

android categorize contacts

android contacts categories
app for categorizing contacts android
google mail categorize contact
how do i catagorize andtoid phone contacts
how to categorize android contacts
how to categorize contacts on droid x phone
how to categorize google contacts
is there any way to categorize contacts in android