Contact Birthdays not syncing with Calendar

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody else seeing this? I've tried clearing data in the Calendar and Calendar Storage "apps", but not much else yet... not sure what else to try. I've double checked and appear to be syncing everything appropriately.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What I did was input the contact birthdays to my Google calendar. PITA, but it works! :)

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does the Maxx give the option to sync them in the Calendar settings, and simply not work? Or does it not even give the option?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just looked again. Calendar doesn't give you that choice. Under accounts Google synch allows synching contacts....but the birthdays do not synch to the calendar. Oh well....

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the M it does give you that choice, but doesn't seem to want to do it. Weird...

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
On my Droid 4 Calendar I can choose "Calendars to display" and choose 'Contacts Birthdays and events" though that may be from enabling it on Google Calendar from the PC/Web connection initially.

I keep all my contacts sync'ed with Google so Contacts, Calendars, etc...all point to my google user account only, and I have nothing set to show/use the "phones" calendar or contacts.

Yep...looks like one of the default calendars I added via the PC/web on google.com Calendars. It reads it in from my Google sync'd contacts and created it....and I can select it to be displayed in my Calendar on the phone.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Droid 4 Calendar I can choose "Calendars to display" and choose 'Contacts Birthdays and events" though that may be from enabling it on Google Calendar from the PC/Web connection initially.

I keep all my contacts sync'ed with Google so Contacts, Calendars, etc...all point to my google user account only, and I have nothing set to show/use the "phones" calendar or contacts.

Yep...looks like one of the default calendars I added via the PC/web on google.com Calendars. It reads it in from my Google sync'd contacts and created it....and I can select it to be displayed in my Calendar on the phone.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's how mine is setup as well. I have no contacts outside of my Google account, and no calendars except my Google Calendar.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still no luck on this - and I was able to get my hands on a Razr Maxx and see that it actually does work on it.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
jntdroid said:
Still no luck on this - and I was able to get my hands on a Razr Maxx and see that it actually does work on it.

Am I missing something? Hook me up jntdroid... you are talking about the birthday field in a contact in the phone book on a maxx...right?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Hook me up jntdroid... you are talking about the birthday field in a contact in the phone book on a maxx...right?

Yep - if your contact has a birthday in the contact info, you should be able to go over to Google Calendar on the web and see it there automatically (I think it happens pretty fast) as long as it's checked on the left side of the screen. Then in the Calendar App on the phone, it should give you the option to select that. That's all I did, and it was working perfectly.

NewT0Droid

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me either...

I have the same issue with my Droid RAZR M. I have all the syncs and calendar options enabled, but my contact's birthday's do not sync. FWIW... the birthdays were added via PC/Web at contacts.google.com... I see them fine at calendar.google.com - they just don't appear on my phone. Interestly, I have also added the NBA Lakers "other calendar" via the web interface, and those items show fine on my phone.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid RAZR M. I have all the syncs and calendar options enabled, but my contact's birthday's do not sync. FWIW... the birthdays were added via PC/Web at contacts.google.com... I see them fine at calendar.google.com - they just don't appear on my phone. Interestly, I have also added the NBA Lakers "other calendar" via the web interface, and those items show fine on my phone.

For whatever it might be worth, I ran the Jelly Bean leak on my M for awhile and it fixed this problem.