Contact and Settings keep being deleted

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
It seems ever since i just the newer update for my phone, it keeps deleting my contacts randomly somehow. Ill go to call someone oneday and there contact is gone. Also it's not storing my settings or it keeps resetting my settings. For example when i click a link for something online, the box pops up to choice what you want to use to open it with. I select the brower and click the box to use as my default and it will work for a couple days or so then, it will pop up again to make the selection. I really am sick of this phone never working and the fact im stuck with a broken phone for 2 years

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
It seems ever since i just the newer update for my phone, it keeps deleting my contacts randomly somehow. Ill go to call someone oneday and there contact is gone. Also it's not storing my settings or it keeps resetting my settings. For example when i click a link for something online, the box pops up to choice what you want to use to open it with. I select the brower and click the box to use as my default and it will work for a couple days or so then, it will pop up again to make the selection. I really am sick of this phone never working and the fact im stuck with a broken phone for 2 years

1. Contacts:

Do you have then set to be backed up to your GMail account or Back Up Assistant?
Did you setup a Recurring Sync cycle in "My Accounts" for Back Up Assistant to sync?
Did you check the box for your Google accounts to Sync especially "Contacts"?

2. That default selection of fav apps to use to perform certain tasks, it's supposed to clear either after reboots, battery pulls. Think about it, what if you decide to use a new or different app to use for a particular task and can't because some old default selection is still active and you can't clear it!

OP
B

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
No i dont have back up assistant set up as i really dont see the need for it, i dont have anything that important on my phone. I have had this phone for close to a year and none of these problems started till recently after this newest update was downloaded. As far as the default settings for tasks resetting, it shouldn't reset when you turn off the phone or anything, its never done this before either until after this update. If i ever wanted to change my default setting, you can just go into the settings and change it.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
If you don't want to use backup assistant, you don't have to. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your problem is.

You said contacts were being deleted, I assumed you mean contacts in your phone from google account or backup assistant.

If neither of that has been setup or checked to be sync'd then your problem is that contacts in your call history are being deleted?

I don't understand.

OP
B

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
No my actual contacts are being deleted in my phonebook. Randomly contacts will just dissappear out of my phonebook

OP
B

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
They are worthless. All they keep saying is we will just send you another phone, which is just as much junk as all the other ones they sent. Just sending replacement phones again and again isnt gonna fix any problem with the phone itself.

OP
B

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
im pretty much just stuck with it till my contract expires