Constantly Freezing

HollidayK

Reaction score
Is anybody else's Fascinate freezing up all the time. As much as I love Touchwiz it force closes on me at least 3 times a day, sometimes more. And when its actually decent there's this bug that won't let me look at contacts in the phone app. It just freezes up. The soft keys don't want to respond a lot of times too... Great phone but there's too many issues. I can't believe I switched from the Droid 2 to this... I want my Droid back :(

(Yes I am rooted with LagFix installed. The phone was freezing up before I rooted too)

PsychoSimatic

Reaction score
for some people i hear the onetouch lagfix from the market is worth using if you dont mind rooting. though it may interfere with vzw updates. seems like only a small percentage of fascinates actually needs this, so not sure as to the real reason to use it other than boosting quadrant scores.

OP
H

HollidayK

Reaction score
Yeah lagfix isn't doing squat for me. And its still freezing up and super buggy. Sure my Quadrant scores went up but as far as actual performance, it feels like its worse. Its constantly crashing and force closing still... I think I might unroot it and return it to Verizon and just get my Droid 2 back... Too many problems

OP
H

HollidayK

Reaction score
The phone app freezes up all the time... I mean whats the use of this thing if I can't even use the phone?

spider210

Reaction score
That's because of the limited 384mb of ram on this unit. Your looking at having a $200 phone with a little more memory then a $50 ally

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zalyia38

Reaction score
My phone does not freeze at all. I am rooted, but no lagfix applied. It didn't freeze before I rooted either. I'd take it back and get a new one.

PsychoSimatic

Reaction score
Honestly i would do a hard reset, try that first, then if its still doing it, get a warranty replacement, VZW is going to give you the trouble shooting run around but if you can make it so you can duplicate the problem they should replace it for ya no questions asked. the Droid 2 IMO is a pile of junk though... way to many issues passed down from motorola and verizon into that thing. I've dealt with both of them and a fully functioning fascinate wins every day.