constantly dropping calls

trackman1

Reaction score
I wanted to know if there is anything I can do .???....is there an app that can do anything to increase signal??..i have beenre ading about nexus phones have some type of an issiue with radio freq.......my phone constantly drops calls.....thanks

unless the only alternative is to take it back to verizon.....

Last edited:
OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
i will just bring it back and hope the next one they give me don't do it...i can't beleive how many dropped calls....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No app would increase the signal. Latest 4.0.4 radios did make the signal better, but sometimes it could just be the phone itself. Hope the replacement works for you.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Not sure if you have tried various things that could help but you could try doing a factory data reset... it is probably what verizon would suggest and has been known to fix many problems. There may be other things to try to troubleshoot also.

The update fixed this problem for most with radio issues. How long have you had this problem? From the beginning, recently? If recent, have you recently done anything different to your phone when... apps, different settings?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
No I have not tried anything yet just got the phone saturday..and did not test it till this morning...did not really change anything...only apps i installed were solid explorer...my wife called verizon and said it could be something defective in the phone itself...so tonight we will take it to have it checked......thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, being that it is brand new, I would guess it may be the phone. If they are going to replace it and if you only just bought the phone on Saturday, I would request a brand new replacement as opposed to a refurbished one

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
I will tell them I want a brand new phone.......maybe it just was a bad chip or something....thanks for your help

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
that seem to have been the issue..they gave us a new phone and so far so good