constant WiFi disconnect/reconnect

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. I think it's working now. I actually used the wps push button method. My wifi problems was when my s3 was connected to my Netgear router and I leave my phone idle for let's say 5-10mins. I go to pick up the phone and use the Internet on the phone it says I am connected to my wifi but it takes 30secs-1min for the Internet to kick in. The phone would also at various times drop my whole wifi network. But my wife's Rezound would not have any problems. Seems like your method has work. I left the phone idle for 10mins right now and when I went to use the Internet it immediately connected to the Internet. As before it would take 30sec-1min. I'll keep you updated on how things are going. Thank you so much.

OP
T

TR Young

Reaction score
Well, it's still doing the same thing, even after I did the WPA bind.

Noreply

Reaction score
Wifi Issues after ICS

After the ICS update the wifi on my phone would NOT stay connected. I apologize if someone has already pointed out that you need to do a factory reset after the update. It was the answer! I had tried all the obvious and not so obvious solutions mentioned throughout this forum and others. Back-up and perform a factory reset on your phone; it was easy & painless. The how-to perform a factory reset is mentioned within this forum and on YouTube.

Hope the info is helpful.

Sal R.

Reaction score
Had this problem. Turned out to be my 4yr old router. My laptop/desktop/roku had no problems connecting to internet, but they did have trouble finding each other. Had to unplug/plug my router to get it to work properly, which included keep my phone connected via wifi.

Hope that helps.

OP
T

TR Young

Reaction score
After the ICS update the wifi on my phone would NOT stay connected. I apologize if someone has already pointed out that you need to do a factory reset after the update. It was the answer! I had tried all the obvious and not so obvious solutions mentioned throughout this forum and others. Back-up and perform a factory reset on your phone; it was easy & painless. The how-to perform a factory reset is mentioned within this forum and on YouTube.

Hope the info is helpful.
If you perform a factory reset, won't that remove the update?

Noreply

Reaction score
No... wipe cache/factory reset

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

TR Young

Reaction score
No... wipe cache/factory reset

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! I'll do this tonight when I get home from work. Greatly appreciated!! :icon_ lala::hail:

oddhat

Reaction score
I had the same WiFi loop - connect/disconnect issue. Extremely disturbing.
It appeared out of nowhere.

Rebooted the phone and the router several times - no help.
Used WiFi analizer to check for interferring chanels - nothing special.
Changed the WiFi chanel anyhow - no help.
Reinstalled/uninstalled AT&T smart WiFi - no help
Removed my WIFi network ('forget' button) and found it again, including the password - no help.

I have the WiFi manager installed, but I sort of forgot to check it doing everything through settings.
Only then I found that my WiFi Manager is stuck on the update announcement screen.
Okayed it - problem solved.
Funny thing, I don't remember updating the WiFi manager lately.
Feel so stupid wasting 2 hours.