Constant uploading then lose 4G

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Fenway72, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Fenway72

Fenway72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my Charge about a week ago and I'm noticing that several times a day the upload (green arrow pointing up) is activated thus leaving me absolutely NO data whatsoever- then flashes on and off, then disables 4G altogether. Once disabled, it comes back and I then have data connectivity.

If I'm listening to streaming music, browsing the web, youtube, or anything that uses data- it is interrupted by this. This tells me that whatever process is causing this uploading overrides any other apps that are running.

2. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are tons of threads on this issue on many Charge forums. I have the same 'no data connectivity' issue and I believe it's the hardware. In other words, there is nothing that can be done and VZW has no clue....none.

3. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does this in my 3g area constantly took first charge back because of it and this one does the same! Hopefully enough people will complain and theyll come out with a fix for it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

4. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't look for a fix on this, I doubt there will ever be. The only fix will be for those of us stuck with this to wait for the next phone that actually does work. This is, IMO, a hardware problem and VZW knows that and this is precisely why they have no fix for it. I had the issue just yesterday and for close to an hour I had no data regardless of what I did (reboot, uncheck data & recheck it, check CDMA only and back to LTE etc.).

A $300 paperweight with a very nice screen is what we have. Unreal.

5. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my third Charge in 35 days and this is one of the many issues I had. This phone seems to be ok on all fronts.... but it's Verizon's 4gLTE that is the problem. It's not stable. Turn off the 4G and use 3G and it seems more stable.

6. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried that too and it doesn't work. The other thing is we paid for a 4G phone, not a 4G phone that we need to force in to 3G. I should never have left AT&T.

7. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AT&T is the scum on the bottom of a homeless man's foot.

I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER give them business again. Despite the PHONE's issues, at least I CAN make a phone call in the rain without standing on my head and wiggling my toes.

8. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never say never :) Leaving AT&T was still a good decision, at least for me, the dropped calls were ridiculous. I do notice those issues with upload, then it drops for no reason, then falls back to 3G. Even 3G goes to 1x at times.. Today has been good so far since its come back up for me.

I will say when I go to an area with solid 4G, there are no issues at all. Data doesn't drop, or hang for that matter, and speeds are great. When they deploy further areas to a decent spec, we should see better consistency for sure.

9. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sure hope so!

p.s. yeah the dropped calls on AT&T WERE indeed ridiculous.

10. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My replacement phone is AMAZING!!!!!!! GREAT battery, GREAT wifi and GREAT 4g/3g switching!!!!!!!

11. sandbagger40

sandbagger40 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issues with my phone. Unfortunately, these issues didn't begin to surface until the 14 day grace period was over! Took it back last week and they restored it to factory settings. Next time they'll be giving me a replacement. 300.00 is a lot of money to spend on a pos!

12. crazykid1801

crazykid1801 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Data Connectivity.

I received my Droid charge 2 weeks ago (for 129$ from amazon wireless!). I have not had this issue that you guys are speaking of. I have had the issue where it randomly drops from 4g to 3g, which can get annoying, but cycling the mobile data or switching to and from 3g automatic to LTE automatic brings it right back if its available. I get rediculously fast speeds on 4g also, up to 7MBps. I'm not even paying for internet at home, I just tether my phone, even for playing WoW.

Has anyone else noticed weird skips or stutters when using Pandora or Slacker? Not like lag anything, because it will do it when i'm sitting at my desk at work with 4/5 bars in 4G. It almosts sounds like my headphones are shorting out, but thats not it either.

This is my second smart phone, first was a iPhone 1st generation, which I parted with when I bought the droid.

13. rexd1976

rexd1976 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What area are you in having these issues? We have 2 Charges and have not had any issues with connectivity. We are in a 4g area, and don't ALWAYS have 4g (doesn't make sense to me, but oh well). But most of the time we do, occasionally we'll flip to 3g, but then back to 4g. The only time I notice a problem is if we shut data off then turn it back on... sometimes it will take a few minutes before regaining a data connection.

14. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i too got my phone from Amazon Wireless and the third one was from a new batch just last week so they're perfect!!!!! i am VERY happy now! Plus they credited me the difference of what i paid and the new $129 price.

Search tags for this page

4g gets stuck on upload

4g constant upload droid razr

force samsung charge to 4g
upload data charges 4g