Constant rebooting with DroidRootPro

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Arachnyd, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Hi,

Earlier today I rooted my phone and used DroidRootPro to install the 800mhz overclock. CPUSet confirmed that the phone was running at 800mhz after setting it to auto detect.

After a few minutes however, the droid started rebooting over and over, to the point where it would reboot around 30 seconds after reaching the lock screen. There are no error messages, just constant reboots. I am afraid of attempting to restore anything in case it reboots in the process and bricks my phone.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Internal temp sensor is reporting 46 degrees, and the phone feels hot to the touch. Could it be overheating?
  2. voydas

voydas New Member

My suggestion would be boot into nandroid, leave it sit for a minute and see if it reboots again. If not, perform a restore from there.

If it reboots, I would suggest flashing to a different rom from adb and trying again. Flashing to stock rom should be quick.
  3. voydas

voydas New Member

LOL... just got a bizzarre idea.

Ziplock back full of ice cubes.
    Put phone under bag of ice cubes.
    Lower temperature.
    Nandroid restore.
    ???
    Profit.
  4. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

I am rapidly deciding that letting DroidRootPro do all the work for me was a bad idea.

When I try to do a nandroid restore from SPRecovery it exits with status 21, and informs me that it was unable to find the nandroid directory on my sdcard. A quick check by enabling USB Mass Storage to view on my pc confirms the folder doesn't exist.

I used DroidRootPro to backup everything prior to installing the 800mhz kernel, so I *ought* to have it somewhere. What do I do now?
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

It's not overheating. I think I read that DroidRootPro added the ability to enable JIT. Well when I enabled JIT at 800Mhz it would constantly reboot randomly. It's not a heat problem its a problem with Droid JIT, someone needs to make a stable build before using it. It is really cool in concept tho, at 800Mhz with JIT enabled I went from about 6.8Mfps to about 7.6 so that is a dramatic increase in operations. But it does create instability and reboots. Disable JIT and it will be back to normal.
  6. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

I can't actually get to the JIT menu before it reboots, I only have like 30 seconds or something once I reach the lock screen. Besides, I don't believe I enabled JIT in the first place since I didn't know what it was.

I've downloaded a couple of nandroid restores and put them in a sdcard/nandroid folder I had to create manually. I'm going to try those.

EDIT: Problem solved, no thanks to DroidBrickPro