CONSTANT MD5 mismatch errors from CWM!

buellboy9

Reaction score
I'm getting quite fed up with this ****! Is there any option to just say "Screw the MD5 check, full speed ahead??" If I brick the phone, I brick the phone. I just don't CARE anymore. CWM has been failing on this for MONTHS. I've tried EVERYTHING I've read on the internet. Koush hasn't come up with any updates to CWM or ROM Manager in MONTHS. I've got a backup of my base Bionic I can't restore, so I can't get the latest 905 OTA (it won't install over Eclipse).

The only other option is if someone has posted the complete 905 file that I can flash with RSD Lite (not the update... the whole damned thing) and reroot. Otherwise I'm stuck on Eclipse 2.2 for eternity! HELP!!! :mad:

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
It looks as though the MD5 error is a red herring... CWM can't even find the backup! I don't know what the heck is going on any more. The error message I'm seeing in the log is:

can't cd to /emmc/clockworkmod/backup/Bionic_20120401

Where did THAT directory come from?? The directory SHOULD be /sdcard/clockworkmod... ? Any ideas??

jayman350

Reaction score
you should not be using CWM or Rom Manager with the Bionic, the locked bootloader makes those programs very dangerous to use. Its too easy to mess up something (bad flash, corrupted d/l, etc, etc) and end up having to fxz back to stock. There are a couple of posts that take you through the fxz process step-by-step. I don't know what to tell you about the md5 mismatch, that typically will happen if you change the location and/or name of the backup zip.

It sounds like you are going to have to fxz to stock anyways if you can't get your backup to restore correctly. Once you are back to stock, you should check out using safestrap, it is a much better option for flashing zips on the Bionic.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
I can't find any reference to "safestrap" or "safe strap" in either Google Play or the Amazon Appstore. Where does one get this?

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Never mind. I uninstalled ROM Manager and the Bionic Bootstrap program, then reinstalled ROM Manager, the Bootstrap program, and reflashed CWM and everything is fine again. Wonder how it got pooched in the first place?

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
FINALLY discovered the problem. My original MicroSD card was starting to fail. Since prices have come down so much, I replaced the 16Gb Class 2 card that came with the phone to a brand new 16Gb Class 6 card. No more problems with CWM or Rom Manager. Whew!!