Constant Freezing and Rebooting for Rooted D2 Global.

jonp158

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global and I recently rooted it (2 months ago) and ever since I did when I go to unlock my phone it will freeze and then restart. It won't freeze and restart every time I go to unlock it but it does it at least 3 times a day. It is getting very frustrating and I don't know what to do. I have a few apps that are for rooted phones only so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it but I can't stand it any more. Someone please help me resolve this god for saken problem.

warped1987

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global and I recently rooted it (2 months ago) and ever since I did when I go to unlock my phone it will freeze and then restart. It won't freeze and restart every time I go to unlock it but it does it at least 3 times a day. It is getting very frustrating and I don't know what to do. I have a few apps that are for rooted phones only so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it but I can't stand it any more. Someone please help me resolve this god for saken problem.

omg same here. I only rooted my phone for a few apps too, for a screenshot app (Drocap2) for free tethering, and for a bloat freezer, but my phone was freezing when I tried to unlock it, and it would randomly restart on it's own without me even using it for a long time, so I recently un-rooted it and said screw it, I will use a regular phone as god intended, lol

I was using Z4 Root, that someone sent me a link to via Email from the forums here, I'm not an expert at Rooting, but I'm sure it was the legit method. Sounds like maybe we're in the same boat?

wildbill86

Reaction score
I had the same problem from the time I took my phone out of the box, even before rooting. I sbf'd my phone to send it in for this issue and after sbf'ing I never had the issue again, even after re-rooting. From what I've read, make sure nothing is set to auto-end in your stock task manager, do not freeze the stock music app, and do not use task killers. If those 3 things don't fix the slide unlock reboot, you might try to sbf, seems to have worked for me.

Sent from my rooted D2G

gthotie5

Reaction score
Yeah freezing the apps was what started the rebooting problem for me

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

jonp158

Reaction score
I did some changes and confirmed that freezing some apps via "Bloat Freezer" does indeed make the droid 2 global freeze and startup when trying to unlock.

rusty815

Reaction score
i dont see how the music apk is linked to reboots, but it is, dont freeze it, and also dont freeze the stock gallery app as that will cause problems as well, i have about 60 frozen system apps and i dont experience any problems because i didnt freeze these two.