Constant app crashing

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by the_six, Jan 5, 2013.

1. the_six

the_six New Member

Hi there!
    (Side note: I'm running Cyanogen Mod 7 on my phone. If I should go to their forum/a different forum for this issue, please let me know.)
    It's been a long time since I last fiddled with my Droid so I might be a bit slow with some things.
    My phone has recently been giving me a bunch of "[app] has stopped working!" and the app force closing. This has only started happening about 2 months ago.
    It started with Google Frameworks being force closed constantly to which I heard a fix for this was going to "Settings>Applications", deleting the data for Google Frameworks and then rebooting. This worked for a little while but started back up again.
    After that, I tried fixing permissions with ROM Manager. This worked once but as soon as i rebooted my phone, ROM Manager force closed every time I tried to open it (after Google Frameworks started crashing again).
    I have no idea what to do in order to permanently fix this and ask you all for help.

If there's anything I need to post (like phone data or apps installed or whatever), please let me know.
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I'd do a full wipe & reinstall the rom

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  3. the_six

the_six New Member

The thing is, I don't even know how to do that. As I stated, it's been a long while since I messed with ROMs and whatnot and with this whole constant force close thing, I haven't even used the phone in months.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
Search tags for this page
constant app crash android
cyanogemmod 7 crashing apps
cyanogenmod 7 apps keep crashing
cyanogenmod app crash

cyanogenmod apps crashing

droid 3 all apps crashing

droid x2 apps crashing

droid x2 apps keep closing
facebook app keeps crashing on android
facebook crashing x2