1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Constant app crashing

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by the_six, Jan 5, 2013.

1. the_six

the_six New Member

Hi there!
    (Side note: I'm running Cyanogen Mod 7 on my phone. If I should go to their forum/a different forum for this issue, please let me know.)
    It's been a long time since I last fiddled with my Droid so I might be a bit slow with some things.
    My phone has recently been giving me a bunch of "[app] has stopped working!" and the app force closing. This has only started happening about 2 months ago.
    It started with Google Frameworks being force closed constantly to which I heard a fix for this was going to "Settings>Applications", deleting the data for Google Frameworks and then rebooting. This worked for a little while but started back up again.
    After that, I tried fixing permissions with ROM Manager. This worked once but as soon as i rebooted my phone, ROM Manager force closed every time I tried to open it (after Google Frameworks started crashing again).
    I have no idea what to do in order to permanently fix this and ask you all for help.

If there's anything I need to post (like phone data or apps installed or whatever), please let me know.
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I'd do a full wipe & reinstall the rom

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  3. the_six

the_six New Member

The thing is, I don't even know how to do that. As I stated, it's been a long while since I messed with ROMs and whatnot and with this whole constant force close thing, I haven't even used the phone in months.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
Search tags for this page
constant app crash android
cyanogemmod 7 crashing apps
cyanogenmod 7 apps keep crashing
cyanogenmod app crash

cyanogenmod apps crashing

droid 3 all apps crashing
droid incredible 2 apps crash

droid x2 apps crashing

droid x2 apps keep closing
facebook app keeps crashing on android