1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Constant 3g usage

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by Newbie_nick, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Newbie_nick

Newbie_nick New Member

I've had my incredible for over a year now, and after adding the extended battery, I can easily go from morning to bedtime without recharging if I only have moderate usage. I was at home all weekend and was using my WiFi, but yesterday I finally fired up my 3g when I left for work. I didn't do anything new to my phone (no new apps), so I was expecting the same performance.

About 10am, my phone announced that it was at 15% battery life, so I popped it onto the charger. I was shocked that the battery was about dead, so I checked my settings to make sure that nothing had changed. I did notice that my 3g was continuously running. I began to think that the continuous 3g usage was what was causing the fast battery drain.

So....here are the things that I have tried since yesterday.
    1) turned phone off and back on. No change.
    2) turned phone off, removed battery for 5 minutes, and turned back on. No change.
    3) Complete factory reset. No change.
    4) Swapped extended life battery for oem battery. No change.
    Those are the only details that I can remember. Any ideas?

Thanks all!
    Nick

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums
  2. Newbie_nick

Newbie_nick New Member

Ok...more information. When I came home tonight, I turned on my WiFi connection again, and the battery usage is considerably better than it has been all day. Could this mean that I have an issue with my antenna or something to do with my phone's ability to use the 3g?
  3. Newbie_nick

Newbie_nick New Member

Ok...an update. After about 2 days of this, my phone finally snapped out of it and stopped with the constant 3g usage. I have no idea what it was doing, but it stopped!
  4. smtom

smtom New Member

Is Vernon LTE recent to the area? Maybe a storm and a tower(s) affected?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
battery life constant 3g connectivity

constant 3g connection

constant activity 3g battery
how to get a constant 3g connection
what causes continuous usage of 3g in phone