Consolidation of a Custom ROM Feature

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Homindroid, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Homindroid

Homindroid New Member

ROM Developers,

I have mucho respect for all customizations you provide the Android community. The amount of time you spend tweaking, coding, and devoloping new features for you ROMS is incredible. And you do it for donation only, awesome...but...I do have a gripe, and thats the different ways that back up and restore is implemented, if at all, in your ROMS.

The proposal?

Develop, or implement a current fuctioning model, a backup and restore funtion that is universally adopted across all the custom ROMS.

I am NOT a coder, but someone who enjoys testing, playing, and learning all your ROMS. So I can't say which is best or why one won't work with all ROMS. Merely a suggestion, a request, that we atleast look at this possibility. I look forward to hear any remarks you may have reguarding this issue.

Dustin
  2. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I'm happy to share my backup and restore script.. hasn't really been released yet but if anyone wants to use it in their roms I'm fine. I also made an update.zip that backs up apps and data (or only apps), formats data, then restores the backup so really a universal script wouldn't need to be included in a rom. If people are interested I will share.
  3. Homindroid

Homindroid New Member

Thanks for putting up the goods!