Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Tired of trying to keep up and post on multiple social network sites? Wish there was an easier way? Wish you could type one status in one place and update all your profiles?

You can! If you didn't already know, ping.FM allows you to connect your account with MANY if not all or most popular social networking sites, including the brand new Google buzz!

For info on how to set your ping account to update buzz, visit here Seesmic Blog: Ping.fm already updates Google Buzz instantly from txt, apps, email (Thanks Tekhawk!)
It's quite "noob-friendly!"

Sure, you've got to create a free ping.FM account, but it's worth it in the long run in my opinion.

Now, the best part: Using the free market app called AnyPost, you can easily update all sites via ping on the fly from your Droid!

Ping even allows you to create custom groups in case you want to only update certain sites that are attached to your account and leave others alone.

I did, however, find an issue with created groups using AnyPost. When attempting to post to a group I created (on my PC) from the app, I received the error message "invalid custom trigger specified." The same group worked from the web, so I emailed the dev. This is just a heads up. If you happen to know what I've done wrong, if that's the case, please let me know. The app works instantly when updating all sites using the default setting.

Hope this makes life in the digital world a little easier for you! I know I'll be using it everyday, especially when I figure out the aforementioned groups issue in AnyPost!

If you use this with Twitter AND buzz or any other linked accounts like Facebook connect be sure you disable the link between your accounts other than through ping.fm or you're liable to create duplicate posts!

Create a ping.FM account here--> Ping.fm / Update all of your social networks at once!

Last edited:
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem! I've noticed that attaching buzz and twitter results in a lag of up to at least an hour most of the time. This works instantly as far as I can tell. I posted and then deleted multiple updates while testing and all showed up as soon as I checked the respective sites.

Last edited:
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As an alternative, try HTTP://pixelpipe.com and their app. A bit cleaner ui and better functionality for posting to selected accounts. Search the market for pixelpipe, and you can create your account and link others in minutes! Thanks again to Tekhawk for getting this recommendations from someone else!