Console Nostalgia

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Decided to start a new post rather than have us hijack the FAQ thread.

All these stories are making me wax nostalgic too. I too have some emulators on my Bionic. One for Genesis, Sega Master System, NES and SNES.

Does beg a question: what is your favorite emulator and why?

I have Geroid (unavailable anymore), Gensoid (ditto), Nesoid, and SNesoid. Would be interested in finding better though.

jayrod

Reaction score
My first gaming console was the Atari 2600, followed by the original nes. I remember how picky that thing was, having to blow on the cartridge, then jig it up and down, up and down. Oh, and once you got it running, you made sure not to touch it or it would stop working again.

Since we have an age guesser, how old am i? :)

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Many a minutes were lost trying to get those damned cartridges to work!

Gonna guess you're 34

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree - maybe one of the mods can clean up the FAQ thread and move the posts into this one. As for favorite emulator, probably SNESoid, basically because that's the one I use all the time to play Pilotwings on.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I tell you a lot of those old games bring back such warm memories (and memories of my teenage self yelling things that made me glad my parents were not home when I played them). I was a hard core Sega fan (between them and Motorola I really feel like a winner...) I still have my Genny, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System (with 3D Goggles) in my deep storage.

The only thing that got me off of console gaming was the SegaCD (oof, horrible) and the fact I got my first PC.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Many a minutes were lost trying to get those damned cartridges to work!

Gonna guess you're 34

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Not too far off...29. I started really young.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

kdivine981

Reaction score
SnydersWeb said:
I tell you a lot of those old games bring back such warm memories (and memories of my teenage self yelling things that made me glad my parents were not home when I played them). I was a hard core Sega fan (between them and Motorola I really feel like a winner...) I still have my Genny, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System (with 3D Goggles) in my deep storage.

The only thing that got me off of console gaming was the SegaCD (oof, horrible) and the fact I got my first PC.

Loved me some snail maze game on the master system. Alex kidd and Rambo...(which seemed to be an ikari warriors knock off) was pretty great. Also preferred ghostbusters on SMS.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Loved me some snail maze game on the master system. Alex kidd and Rambo...(which seemed to be an ikari warriors knock off) was pretty great. Also preferred ghostbusters on SMS.

Ghostbusters was largely a port of the old PC game.. It had a few extras. The Ghostbusters game on the Genny was actually really good.

Oh my old favs on the SMS was Zillion, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier, Black Belt, many others. They had some solid titles on that. I'll hand Nintendo one thing - the arcade power stick they had was great!

The thing that used to drive me bonkers on that system was that the controller didn't have a start/pause button- and that resulted in a few hit-reset-instead-of-pause tears.

The 3D Goggle games on that system were HARD.. never beat any of them! And yeah, I remember that snail maze game.. I owned that darn system for over a year before I became aware of it!

Hmm.. might try firing those up.

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off topic>gaming forum

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree - maybe one of the mods can clean up the FAQ thread and move the posts into this one. As for favorite emulator, probably SNESoid, basically because that's the one I use all the time to play Pilotwings on.

This thread looks out of order but all posts from the other thread have been moved here and will appear in the order they were originally posted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk