Considering the D2X

bradh00

Reaction score
Here's my opinion. I've been reading up on all the new phones that came out in the last 3-4 months and I truly believe the dx2 is hands down the best 3g phone if not the best phone period on Verizon at this moment. I believe the dual core says it all. I picked one up this past Thursday, and I don't have anything to really complain about there than the software glitches here and there, and that will be fixed once moto releases the bootloader keys, and the devs start working on it. I could go on and on about the differences in the phones that are out right now, but im not. All in all, id rather have new generation hardware on 3g than old generation on 4g.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I don't think that my area will be getting 4G any time soon, and I was pointed to the X2 by a seemingly knowledgeable person who had told me that the X2 is the best Android choice if you are skipping 4G. From what I've read, the phone has its handful of issues, but these cell phone manufacturers can never seem to get it right, but that's another topic. Here are my concerns with the X2:

1. Lag. From what I've read, the lag issues with the X2 are fixable. Can anyone confirm this? Is anyone still having issues even after implementing these memory fixes?

2. Music (streaming & microSD) This is one of the primary reasons for my purchase of an Android phone. I caught a thread where a guy on here claims he hears crackles while listening to music off of his microSD. He had claimed that he attempted the known fixes to no avail. This is unacceptable to me. I'd like to clear this issue before I make a purchase.

3. Amazon. Unrelated to the X2? Yes, but I would like to know how the process of ordering from Amazon works. Do I activate the phone on my own? If the phone is defective, can I still bring it into Verizon for replacement under warranty?

Your friend doesn't know what he is talking about and probably gets his news from a tech blog who don't know what they are talking about. There is more to a phone's speed than cpu clock speed. There is software (blur vs sense), CPU stability, there is ram, etc.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk