Considering switching, is it a better phone?

CadBane

Reaction score
Got a Samsung stratosphere on Black Friday. Not happy b/c it's had several instances of losing network signal (even after switching from LTE/CDMA to CDMA because I'm not anywhere near an LTE area.) I've read Verizon reviews, most seem to love the phone. Is this phone that good? Is the touch screen easy to use (qwerty fan with big hands here)?

Any opinion would be appreciated, thanks.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm partial right now because I have the Rezound, and I think the Rezound along with the RAZR are the best phones Verizon has to offer in the 4G lineup. minus the battery life.

cp24eva

Reaction score
So no Nexus in your future?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

cp24eva

Reaction score
I hear you on that one. Had the charge and gave it up. But wheni was on ATT then I loved the infuse. All depend on what their main focus is. if it wasmy for Att bad connection in my area then I would still have one. And I went from an iphone to that infuse. but I guess I should thank Att for crappy service because I would have never found verizon and this rezound

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now these are the people I was looking to here from. I've been going crazy wondering about Rezound or Nexus. I also have never really heard anything but bad about samsung mobile. Im 80% sure I'm going with the rezound. If the nexus does come out at $199 it may have me thinking about it again. Seems like you guys are all pretty happy with the Rezound????? Let me know.

cp24eva

Reaction score
You wont be disappointed. I had the bionic since launch. liked it for a while but it was problematic from the start.... But tolerable as I didn't find many phone better than that. but this phone is a breathe of fresh air. And I find an Easter egg every other day thati didn't find with the bionic. I hear the razr is a decent improvement from the bionic though. Moto just aint me

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Bad about the Nexus; No SD card, 5mp camera and made by Samsung. Those three killed it without even thinking twice.

Razr was too thin to hold. I haven't been happy with a phone since my OG Incredible. This one has broken the spell.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bad about the Nexus; No SD card, 5mp camera and made by Samsung. Those three killed it without even thinking twice.

Razr was too thin to hold. I haven't been happy with a phone since my OG Incredible. This one has broken the spell.

I am still sporting the Incredible, its just a fantastic smartphone, only thing it does not have is 4G, I wish they made the Incredible 2 with 4G LTE.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I am still sporting the Incredible, its just a fantastic smartphone, only thing it does not have is 4G, I wish they made the Incredible 2 with 4G LTE.

I know how you feel. Only phone I actually loved other than my OG Droid. I am telling you though... the Rezound is what the Dinc2 should have been. I had the Dinc2 for three days but the speaker on it was so bad, I sold it. The Rezound feels similar, looks similar but is a tad larger and sounds great.

Today I pulled out my old faithful Dinc and thought... "Geez the screen is so small." :)

Now I feel like I can finally hand the old Dinc down to my daughter who still has my OG Droid.

OP
C

CadBane

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Wouldn't even consider the Raza. Motoblur or whatever they use to power Facebook/Twitter stuff is awful. Email apps are junk also. Hopefully if I do make the jump, the email will at least work like it's supposed to. Gonna go to a VZW store and play with one and see if I like it. Thanks again for the help.

B

bens42608

I will seriously consider getting an iphone when there's at least a 4.3 inch screen and a gig of ram. Right now they're made for people who need a phone to occasionally use to do things on the web. Android is for people who r on the web ALL the time and use it enough to notice performance and don't want to go blind staring at that little screen. But like I said if those specs were different I would seriously consider getting one... well... battery will be a big factor too when it gets 4g... so if they continue to be non removable... I changed my vote- no iphone. At least not until nanotube battery technology catches on and gives us 10x the power in a smaller package. Just my 2 mb

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AlexSB

Reaction score
I will seriously consider getting an iphone when there's at least a 4.3 inch screen and a gig of ram. Right now they're made for people who need a phone to occasionally use to do things on the web. Android is for people who r on the web ALL the time and use it enough to notice performance and don't want to go blind staring at that little screen. But like I said if those specs were different I would seriously consider getting one... well... battery will be a big factor too when it gets 4g... so if they continue to be non removable... I changed my vote- no iphone. At least not until nanotube battery technology catches on and gives us 10x the power in a smaller package. Just my 2 mb

That update iPhone had worked phenomenal for battery life, I imagine 4g will have longer life than the few hours we got on our first wave 4g phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

B

bens42608

That update iPhone had worked phenomenal for battery life, I imagine 4g will have longer life than the few hours we got on our first wave 4g phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I imagine it should have good battery life as it is in permanent 3g. And ur prolly right that it would get better 4g life than us considering how much smaller the screen is, no flash player and everything