Considering Root

Reaction score
A few concerns I figure my fellow forum members could help me resolve. First off, I have never rooted before, nor do I know anything about it. But this video seems pretty clear cut as far as how to root:

How To: Root the HTC Incredible (Unrevoked Method) Updated 09.20.10! | TheUnlockr

Anyways, I have an issue with my contacts. I want to make damn sure they will be backed up, so I synced them with my Gmail account. Problem is, they don't show up under the "Contacts" tab in my Gmail account itself. I made sure I synced, refreshed, waited a little while and all that, but still no contacts to be found when accessing my gmail account from a pc.

Another thing, Is it possible to flash back to stock rom if phone needs to be taken into a verizon store or anything like that? Because I know it voids the warranty and all.

Lastly, I don't quite understand what each rom includes. Like, will I still have a music player? Will the keyboard be different? Do they include pre-installed kernels? Things like that.

And of course, which roms and kernels do you highly recommend? (more worried about bat life but like added performance)

Last question...as a noob....should I be worried??? Lol

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use the tutorial linked in my signature to root, not the video. (Haven't looked at it myself but the rooting tutorial here was designed to be as user friendly as possible).

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
Just finished up with the root, everything went well (No BRICK!!! YAYYY) The unrEVOked method kicks ass!!!

Now comes the hard part....

Choosing a ROM and Kernel :D

BLK

Reaction score
Im considering rooting my phone too. What can I do with it if I root it?

EDIT: I did it successfully!

EDIT 2: Should I change the Debugging back to unable?

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a good instruction guide on installing a custom boot animation???

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
Figured it out. Thanks guys[video=youtube;7MxQvK8YVrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MxQvK8YVrY"][/video]

Last edited: