considering buying a incredible

buffalo

Reaction score
considering buying a incredible, whats up with the reviews saying the battery life is sub par?

jamjr74

Reaction score
I got the Incredible on release day and love it! I upgraded to the seidio 1750 mah battery and I have no issues at all. I get 24 hrs plus and I am a fairly heavy user.

OP
B

buffalo

Reaction score
and your opinion of the original battery?

jamjr74

Reaction score
and your opinion of the original battery?

I had no complaints about the original either! I got a full days use out of it and was usually down to about 20-30% left by bedtime. Solid 16 hrs anyway.

OP
B

buffalo

Reaction score
the battery life was all that was holding me back from buying one.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
The battery life after my first charge was painful, it only lasted 8 hours of moderate usage until it hit 20%.

Since then with similar usage as before (maybe slightly less) I'm at 12.5 hours @ 70% so there was a definite improvement IMO after the second full charge.

stanwelks

Reaction score
I got the Incredible on release day and love it! I upgraded to the seidio 1750 mah battery and I have no issues at all. I get 24 hrs plus and I am a fairly heavy user.

what is this battery you are talking about having upgraded to?

kmo

Reaction score
Do it, you won't be disappointed with this phone. It really is a great device. As far as the battery life, most of the posts we're seeing are on the negative side, of course. Generally speaking people don't post up the positive. These forums are about mostly issues with these products. Yes, I will say the battery life could be better, but I am using the phone very heavily (internet, text, pandora/rhapsody, news, OH and phone calls haha) and I will get through a whole day (16-17 hours) with no problem. Yea, we all want the "ultimate" battery but it doesn't exist yet. Batteries just haven't kept up with phone technology nor has the manufacturer (HTC in this case) been smart about choosing a sufficient battery size for the phone's features. The person who buys a phone like this is a "user" and wants to utilize all the phone's features and potential, if you're anything like me, so you're going to suck the life out of it. If the battery life is your only reason, I say get it. For everyone who's complaining about battery life there's one who isn't....Have fun whatever you do. dancedroid

griswolds53

Reaction score
battery life is bearable. what is not, is not having access to the same applications and games that motodroid owners have...which sucks. The incredible is supposed to be the next generation phone, but can not run the same games that last generation droid owners can. so far we are out on backbreaker football and pirate wings (so someone said in another post), which are next gen games. it is disturbing to me.

I had a motodroid and sold it and bought the INC. Every thing else besides the game issue has be flawless for me. However. I bought this to replace my psp and give me a phone, and give me portability. The droid was just a giant brick in my opinion. again..just MY opinion.

spyder560

Reaction score
battery life is bearable. what is not, is not having access to the same applications and games that motodroid owners have...which sucks. The incredible is supposed to be the next generation phone, but can not run the same games that last generation droid owners can. so far we are out on backbreaker football and pirate wings (so someone said in another post), which are next gen games. it is disturbing to me.

I had a motodroid and sold it and bought the INC. Every thing else besides the game issue has be flawless for me. However. I bought this to replace my psp and give me a phone, and give me portability. The droid was just a giant brick in my opinion. again..just MY opinion.

So you cannot execute the SNES, Genesis, NES EMUs on the Incredible??

yojoe600

Reaction score
my battery life is not bad if i turn mobil data off when not using it... for some reason that makes it last longer for me

ctxx24

Reaction score
you dont have to buy a new battery. i get 30 hours w pretty heavy use i turn mobile data off at night...

griswolds53

Reaction score
you dont have to buy a new battery. i get 30 hours w pretty heavy use i turn mobile data off at night...

So you cannot execute the SNES, Genesis, NES EMUs on the Incredible??

No. Those work. A lot of the newer 3d games coming out don't. They are ported from the iPhone which uses a similar gpu as the MOTODroid. So as fast as the inc is it as of now is not getting certain games...the Motorola Droid is. See the gameloft post in the game section.