considering an S4

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
I'm considering the S4 and the Note 2, I've heard the S4 display is dimmer and may be a bit sluggish. I also like what I've seen from the Note 3 and may just wait for the release.

Note 2 is the better choice of the 3 at this point. It's a lot cheaper now that the Note 3 is out and the differences between the two are nothing really.

KGreis

Reaction score
People also say that the screen cant be seen when outside all you have to do is change it to auto and you can see it perfectly. I had that problem today but luckily Im very aware of where everything is on the pull down screen so I just pulled it down and tapped auto and problem was fixed. Everything people complain about can be fine tuned and fixed

Reaction score
Going to the carrier store does nothing cause all carriers have a booster and you'll always have max reception...but I myself have an s4 and am really pleased with all aspects of the phone...9-10

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Note 2 is the better choice of the 3 at this point. It's a lot cheaper now that the Note 3 is out and the differences between the two are nothing really.
unless full HD is important to you. And after owning the s4 for awhile now, I don't know if I could deal with anything less than now

Caesars

Reaction score
I'd def be comparing note 3 to s4 at this point.

GS4/iPhone5

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
unless full HD is important to you. And after owning the s4 for awhile now, I don't know if I could deal with anything less than now

Doesn't make any difference really. It'll make a difference to the battery life. That's about it. Goes from 720p to 1080p with the same battery. For a difference that most people won't notice, it's not worth the price and the battery life is still in question.

As I said, Note 2 is the better buy. Full HD doesn't really matter for this phone. The Note 2 has a very nice clear screen. The regular user won't see much of a difference.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Doesn't make any difference really. It'll make a difference to the battery life. That's about it. Goes from 720p to 1080p with the same battery. For a difference that most people won't notice, it's not worth the price and the battery life is still in question.

As I said, Note 2 is the better buy. Full HD doesn't really matter for this phone. The Note 2 has a very nice clear screen. The regular user won't see much of a difference.
Sure it does, to me at least, the difference between 720p and 1080p is night and day when it comes to clarity. The higher resolution on a screen as big as the Note 3 is definitely going to be noticeable, as significant as the jump from the s3 screen to the s4 screen, as I've seen many reviews and users of the s4 state.

The note 2 and s3 have very nice clear screens, but the higher resolution isn't going to go unnoticed, in fact, I know a few people who upgraded from s3 to s4 mainly for the screen. All a matter of opinion though.

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Sure it does, to me at least, the difference between 720p and 1080p is night and day when it comes to clarity. The higher resolution on a screen as big as the Note 3 is definitely going to be noticeable, as significant as the jump from the s3 screen to the s4 screen, as I've seen many reviews and users of the s4 state.

The note 2 and s3 have very nice clear screens, but the higher resolution isn't going to go unnoticed, in fact, I know a few people who upgraded from s3 to s4 mainly for the screen. All a matter of opinion though.

The difference between the 3Gs and the iPhone 4 is enormous.

The GS3 vs GS4 not so much.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The difference between the 3Gs and the iPhone 4 is enormous.

The GS3 vs GS4 not so much.
Well yeah that was a complete revision. So you can't even compare those to these two as s3 --> s4 was not a complete revision, but a minor one. Even as minor as it is, there are key differences between the two, the display being one of them, which to some was enough reason to use an upgrade. There's a reason why there is 720p and 1080p, and on a screen that's 5.7" it's going to be a pretty noticeable difference. Whether that is important or warrants an upgrade to you is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Reaction score
Well yeah that was a complete revision. So you can't even compare those to these two as s3 --> s4 was not a complete revision, but a minor one. Even as minor as it is, there are key differences between the two, the display being one of them, which to some was enough reason to use an upgrade. There's a reason why there is 720p and 1080p, and on a screen that's 5.7" it's going to be a pretty noticeable difference. Whether that is important or warrants an upgrade to you is a matter of opinion.

I don't know. You don't know. You're speculating. Tell me when you've held a Note 2 and a Note 3 in your hands next to each other.

Like this guy

va5a7yba.jpg

Then look at their price tag.

Until then, lets just leave it as is.

Last edited: