connedt to PC file transfer

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by nachodroid, Dec 9, 2010.

1. nachodroid

nachodroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello droid gurus, I have an elementary problem about which I need a little advice. I've got this scad of work pics on my phone that have to transfer to my PC. I have a card reader, but it isnt with me...I may have to go buy one. But I was expecting to plug my phone in to my PC and transfer, as this has been a no-brainer previously: not sure what's happened...

I am working with a replacement Fascinate. The phone is not connecting to my PC (winxp), The previous Fascinate mounted successfully, but this one wont after selecting Mount to transfer files...
    I have rebooted both devices, and rebooted the pc with the phone connected. no difference.
    At the initial plug in of the phone I get a Installation wizard like the PC is looking for a driver, but the wizard cant accomplish anything on its own.

Is there a driver to install and where would I get it?

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Moved to the Fascinate section.

3. IamGov

IamGov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it is an issue with the USB settings on your device. Voting USB settings and select mass storage. If already selected then unselect, disconnect, select, reconnect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

4. nachodroid

nachodroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks IamGov,
    I did all that...the solution was: go to Samsung website, track down the model # and other info and download the CORRECT driver, install, reboot the pc and voila! all the world was right again. I had help, of course, from a lovely VZW CSR. She did a great job.

b.

Search tags for this page

samsung fascinate picture transfer

tranferring file from samsung grand to pc

transfering of file from samsung gt19100 to pc