Connects to PC as CD rom and empty disk

nemo74

Reaction score
I have no idea, and when I plug the phone in, it opens internet explorer and tells me to download Verizon media manager.

I have tried to uninstall the driver and still does the same thing when I plug it in.

Any ideas?

sir2545

Reaction score
Are you connecting to the computer as a disk drive? If you select Media sync it will try to get you to download Vzw junk.

OP
N

nemo74

Reaction score
I am connecting as a disk drive. it would just keep asking. so I uninstalled the drivers and went into regedit and got rid of all android folders, rebooted and plugged the phone in to the computer. it reinstalled the drivers and asked where how I wanted to open it. so problem solved :)

XJetJock

Reaction score
Check your phone's running services.
Menu > Settings > Applications > Running services
One of the services that should be running is "ConnectToPCService."
If it is running, then when you plug the phone into the computer the phone will display a list of choices. Select disk only. Then your computer will see the SD card as another drive.
If that service is not running then restart your phone and it should come back on.
If that doesn't work then might you have rooted your phone and removed the service? If that is the case then you're way over my head.

DroidStang

Reaction score
One other question...the drive F that does open...has bunch of folders , internet bookmarks , Folder with photos you take w/ camera, is that SD card?...why would all that data be on sd card, thought bookmarks and other folders would be on phone?and I'm guessing the other drive that pops the internet up is the phone but unable to access it?

cause I could not believe there were so many folders on the sd card, I formatted it...they were on that card, like 20 folders now a few, but do not see the other drive now, with that boot loader and other files, says drive d cannot access, any thoughts?

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
I thought at work when I brought laptop I do not get this, so I brought with me to work and hooked up just like last night, does not get that pop up about no disk, I do see the F drive, which until I formatted the card I did not beleive was SD card, but the 20 like folder that seem to grown on the card was the card, after format starts out with like 2 folders, then grows, wierd! Anyways I hooked up at office, no pop up about no disk...in my mind i think has to do with the USB cable i'm using, I use the short cord in office and at home I unplug the one that you can use for wall charger, the one with 90 degree bend, is that what's causing, cause I disconnect from my router at home as I am now. No pop up, I'm tethered with PDANet there is a F drive as I said = SD Card and a D drive, which if click on says no disk, assuming that must be phone, I don't get the one drive anymore that has those boot loader files and couple others...any idea why not? but hope the cable was issue.

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
I have no idea, and when I plug the phone in, it opens internet explorer and tells me to download Verizon media manager.

I have tried to uninstall the driver and still does the same thing when I plug it in.

Any ideas?
I think I figured it out today, or at least found what I think is the difference....I took my netbook to work, used my other USB CABLE plugged in, said DISK mode and F drive popped up, then a D drive said CD drive showed up under My Computer. Could not open the D drive , that was fine, I was able open SD card on F drive see contents...started PDANet, no error box to retry/cancel/continue, no verizon page came up......come home do same setup but this time my pc connects to my wireless right away as it is supposed to, I plug in same USB cable to charge TB, the damn verizon website comes up. but no error box, just the page launches, now I think I did same thing last night, but disabled my wireless so I do not connect to internet, but that is when got the error, blank web page in background....it has something to do with being around a network you connect to through your wireless card..even disable why at home but out in car 1000 ft away no web page, no popup, that is so screwed up LOL.

DroidStang

Reaction score
LMAO I give up, disabled my wireless rebooted computer, comes up no network, plugged in same no disk window, cancel/retry/continue? so I unplug, select charge only, seems was the trick, but then started again, guess got o be away from home neywork to stop that verizon page and pop up.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ok I fianlly found something that at least allows me to say "Disk Drive" when I plug in and that usless CD drive does not try to Mount now. Since I was able to copy all files off that drive to a thumb drive I see no more use for it, assuming eats up your space on the phone itself anyways..here's what I did. If there is a built in CD drive you will see the option in Device Manager, but on a netbook you would have to plug in whatever is being seen as a CD drive to do this, so once plugged in I got the Gray No diskdrive found box, could not get rid of, so went around behind and made the change.
"
I've found a work around that at least stops the annoying attempt to install the v-cast drivers. I went into the device manager and disabled the cd/dvd associated with the HTC Android Phone USB Device. So far it hasn't returned."

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ok I fianlly found something that at least allows me to say "Disk Drive" when I plug in and that useless CD drive does not try to Mount now. Since I was able to copy all files off that drive to a thumb drive I see no more use for it, assuming eats up your space on the phone itself anyways..here's what I did. If there is a built in CD drive you will see the option in Device Manager, but on a netbook you would have to plug in whatever is being seen as a CD drive to do this, so once plugged in I got the Gray No diskdrive found box, could not get rid of, so went around behind and made the change.
"
I've found a work around that at least stops the annoying attempt to install the v-cast drivers. I went into the device manager and disabled the cd/dvd associated with the HTC Android Phone USB Device. So far it hasn't returned."

Chazzy00

Reaction score
OMG.. I had the same issues with connecting the Thunderbolt to PC.. Not sure if it was told earlier, but i Just figured it out!!! You have to enable the 4G LTE..!! that's it..!! Have to restart for the phone for it take effect.

Last edited: