Connection to computer question

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
My dads a control freak and my phone is the only thing he doesnt have spysoftware on because i have protected it in every possible way. I want to sell my ipod so i have to connect my phone to he computer to dump all my music on here. My question is what information will be dumped on the computer? Ive never connected my dx to any computer but im afraid if i connect it all my accounts passwords will be dumped on there through wierd folders. Can someone that knows for sure answer the my question of what info is put on your computer? Does it put all your past texts on web history on there even though every opition has been erased? Ive cleared everything in my browser settings and deleted my texts in messaging text messaging and contacts history.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Your Droid shouldn't put anything on the computer that you don't tell it to (aside from the drivers that get installed on your computer so your computer can recognize your phone). When you hook your Droid into the computer, it's just the SD card that shows up as an external drive anyway - not the internal storage (which is where texts, calls, etc. go).

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
Your Droid shouldn't put anything on the computer that you don't tell it to (aside from the drivers that get installed on your computer so your computer can recognize your phone). When you hook your Droid into the computer, it's just the SD card that shows up as an external drive anyway - not the internal storage (which is where texts, calls, etc. go).

So everything thats on my sd card will go on my computer?

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
No, no. It's like when you plug a USB flash drive or external drive or CD into your computer. They contents show up, but when you remove the device's connection to your computer (unplug USB cord), it goes away. It stays on the external media, and doesn't get transfered to your computer hard drive unless you specifically copy/cut/paste/move it there.

EDIT: if you're that paranoid, test it out with a USB drive, and see what the computer does with it, in terms of what the spy software logs. This'll be indicative of what it does with the SD card in your Droid.

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
No, no. It's like when you plug a USB flash drive or external drive or CD into your computer. They contents show up, but when you remove the device's connection to your computer (unplug USB cord), it goes away. It stays on the external media, and doesn't get transfered to your computer hard drive unless you specifically copy/cut/paste/move it there.

EDIT: if you're that paranoid, test it out with a USB drive, and see what the computer does with it, in terms of what the spy software logs. This'll be indicative of what it does with the SD card in your Droid.

So even with a program like eblaster nothing will show up in the report in his email except a new device was connected?

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I don't know what specific information the spy app collects. That's up to you to do some research on that specific app. Honestly, what could you really have on there that you're ashamed of, or worried about your dad seeing? He probably gets your phone bill, so he knows what numbers you texted and called anyway.

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
I don't know what specific information the spy app collects. That's up to you to do some research on that specific app. Honestly, what could you really have on there that you're ashamed of, or worried about your dad seeing? He probably gets your phone bill, so he knows what numbers you texted and called anyway.

I just told you the softwares name...im not ashamed of anything would you want your kids or parents to see everything you did on your phone word for word

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I know you told me the name of the software - my point is that I'm not going to research it for you.

I could care less what my mom and dad see. Because I'm not ashamed.
... And, you know. I'm 22.

Frankly, if your dad's paying your phone bill, he sort of has the right to see it, in my opinion. It's technically "his" phone.

I answered your question to the best of my knowledge, if you want more information, perhaps you should do some research on your own.

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
I know you told me the name of the software - my point is that I'm not going to research it for you.

I could care less what my mom and dad see. Because I'm not ashamed.
... And, you know. I'm 22.

Frankly, if your dad's paying your phone bill, he sort of has the right to see it, in my opinion. It's technically "his" phone.

I answered your question to the best of my knowledge, if you want more information, perhaps you should do some research on your own.
Thanks ya old hag go how fun looking up pictures of cats it seems like the sorta thing you would do after seeing your prof pic.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
If he has spy stuff on your PC it may show him a log of you connecting "and external device" and may show the files moved. Or if there is a keylogger, Dad'll get any PW you enter while the two devices are connected.

The phone just shows as an external drive to the PC.

It really depends on the type of stuff Dad put on your PC, not the phone.

And learn to get along with people if you wish them to help you.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
If he has spy stuff on your PC it may show him a log of you connecting "and external device" and may show the files moved. Or if there is a keylogger, Dad'll get any PW you enter while the two devices are connected.

So basically, what I said, eh?
... If you excuse me, I have to go Google Image search some pictures of cats. Because I'm so "old".

OP
J

Jug the Thug

Reaction score

So basically, what I said, eh?
... If you excuse me, I have to go Google Image search some pictures of cats. Because I'm so "old".
GTFOA.