Connection issues

thesteveoproject

Reaction score
I've recently run into this problem as well, after getting 4GLTE for the first time after a month and a half of having this phone, and then my data would suddenly cut out for anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours or more. I changed my settings to CDMA only since I'm in an area that doesn't have 4G coverage yet, and have found that if the issue happens(which it hasn't since I've done this), I simply toggle Airplane mode from the built-in widget for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then toggle it off, and I got back my 3G signal and haven't had any issues since, and it's been about a week, so we'll see how things go in the weeks following.

CJsGirl

Reaction score
I have toggled airplane mode - no luck. I have power cycled the phone - lo luck. I have pulled the battery - no luck. I have pulled the SD card - no luck. I have tried the reset connections app - no luck. I have put the phone into CDMA only - issue still happens. The ONLY thing that seems to work is time - eventually data comes back but I never know when and fro how long.

I called VZW and talked to a tier 2 tech who said it was realted to a network issue and the handoff between 3G and 4G - he said the network had been up and down but they hoped to have it fixed. I tend to discount this explanation - if I'm in CDMA only why would this be an issue? I mentioned that I heard there was going to be an OTA update to address the issue - he said that an OTA update would not fix this issue. Sadly, this is par for the course from VZW - the company is so big and so disorganized that if you call 10 times with the same issue you talk to 10 different TS reps and get 10 different stories about what the problem is and how to fix it. About the only good thing is that I didn't have to push very hard to have my data chanrges credited for the month.

I understand I'm not going to get 4G everywhere. I understand that this is a new phone and I'm one of the early adopters. I understand that bugs will need to be worked out. While this problem is incredibly annoying, I'm willing to give it some time, but at a certain point I'm not going to want to live with a data-based phone that doesn't get data. I hope this gets resolved because I like the phone and don't relish the fight to return it if it comes to that.

DITTO!!!!!!!! I am having the same issue and agree with everything you've said!

I'm not sure why some are raving about the restart connections app since all it does is toggle airplane mode... why download an additional app when there is a built in widget already?

And the only other thing I can add to this is IT'S NOT JUST A BIONIC ISSUE... IT'S A 4G ISSUE... I went through 4 Thunderbolts and quite a few irate phone calls to Verizon before they let me switch to this dreadful Bionic (with the worst camera I have ever experienced in a phone) and the Thunderbolts all had the same issue.

All we can do is pray the November update is going to fix it, or go back to a 3G phone.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, hopefully in a few weeks the Verizon update will be implemented and all the issues in this thread will be solved.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

quizzard

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that other 4g phones get better signal than the Bionic? I went into a Verizon store, every 4g phone in there had 4 bars, except the Bionic, it had 3 bars.

I looked down at my Bionic, it only has... 2? Thats odd... so I fiddle the display Bionics... and as I move it around, the signal goes down to 2 bars...

SMGriffin

Reaction score
This is absolutely unacceptable. $300 phone + $30 data plan, this phone should NEVER have issues like this. I've been without data all night. The most important part of a smart phone is the data, I can't believe a company would bring a phone to market with known issues as crippling to the overall use of the product as this. I got rid of my OG Droid for EXACTLY this reason. Early November isn't soon enough for a patch. The problem is getting worse and more frequent, I have zero confidence in this phone. Seriously considering (shudder) the new iphone.

I feel the same exact way. :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums