Connection issues

xRagex

Reaction score
There are times in which my Bionic will lose connection to the Verizon 3G and the 4GLTE, but it shows I still have bars. The only way I can get it back is to turn off the phone completely and turn it back on. Is there a way to solve this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
xRagex

xRagex

Reaction score
Thanks

Losman

Reaction score
I have the same issue and frankly is becoming a more constant problem. I have turned of the device and I still have no connection. On top of that I have to deal with not being able to store the apps to my sd card because the apps will be deleted. I swear for all the money I paid to get this phone I am just about done with this crap. For all the waiting on this phone and for all the money this is not worth the price. This is ridiculous! Motorola and Verizon shouldn't push crap that is not ready for use. :angry:

nubia

Reaction score
I am having connection issues as well. Most of today I have had zero data connection? The only way I am able to type and send this is over wifi. I'm really pissed off. I went to the store to exchange it and the damn thing worked.. I get home and no data, anywhere....... Just saying

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

dgoakill

Reaction score
This is absolutely unacceptable. $300 phone + $30 data plan, this phone should NEVER have issues like this. I've been without data all night. The most important part of a smart phone is the data, I can't believe a company would bring a phone to market with known issues as crippling to the overall use of the product as this. I got rid of my OG Droid for EXACTLY this reason. Early November isn't soon enough for a patch. The problem is getting worse and more frequent, I have zero confidence in this phone. Seriously considering (shudder) the new iphone.

lisasw1973

Reaction score
Same problem here. Luckily I am near a wifi connection right now because it has been out for hours. I desperately need it fixed before work tomorrow. I am so sick if all the bugs on this crap.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Many parts of the nation are out today. There is another thread going and people are chiming in from all over with all brands of phones.

dgoakill

Reaction score
Many parts of the nation are out today. There is another thread going and people are chiming in from all over with all brands of phones.

yes, but this issue has been going on since the phone came out. Apps randomly disappear from the phone and have to be re-downloaded and reinstalled. Very bad if one of them is say, an email app or some other productivity app that disappears without warning, while you're waiting for an important message via that application. Same is true for the data outages with this phone. several times I've been waiting for a contract to be emailed and never got it because the phone lost it's data connection. It's a known issue, that they claim they are working on, and that we may see a patch in November, then again we were supposed to have this phone in our hands months before it actually was released, so not holding my breath about any dates posted.

Losman

Reaction score
Guys called Verizon there is a nation wide outage in the LTE network. The rep said to switch to standard 3G or take out the data card...Still...i told him this problem persists ....and of course the dude got an earful of my frustration.

Reaction score
Guys called Verizon there is a nation wide outage in the LTE network. The rep said to switch to standard 3G or take out the data card...Still...i told him this problem persists ....and of course the dude got an earful of my frustration.
He's lying. Well maybe for 4g. But for 3g why is my bionic still out and the iphone 4 still going good right next to me? I think there's more to it than what they are saying. I'm not making anything up but from what I gather from today's posts is that our bionic has progressively gotten worse in keeping connected to data while other phones are doing fine. And Verizon's excuse is that their network went down. When in fact it didn't or isn't. They shouldn't lie to us. Just hurry up with the ota fix!!!!

LelanderSax

Reaction score
There are times in which my Bionic will lose connection to the Verizon 3G and the 4GLTE, but it shows I still have bars. The only way I can get it back is to turn off the phone completely and turn it back on. Is there a way to solve this?

I have the same problem. Also, it seems that when I am using mobile hotspot, I have to keep my screen on in order to not have loss of data. Is there an option that turns off/on 3G/LTE to save battery life? I would prefer to keep my screen off while I'm just using my Bionic to wirelessly tether.

Rexh

Reaction score
I had been traveling this weekend in NC, TN and VA and during that time I lost data connection with both 3G and 4G. It still showed bars but no connection and no 3G or 4G showing. I called Verizon and they tried to reset, etc. but did not know what was happening. Are you folks saying that this is widespread? What is to be done? Take it to Verizon?

Thanks

dbord

Reaction score
Connection Problems/try this

Was having the same problem and after a call to Verizon Tech Help I think it's fixed. If your in a 3G only area make this setting change. Settings/Wireless&networks/Mobile networks/network mode/CDMA only. When you go to a 4G area change back to CDMA/LTE. After doing this I have had no further problems. According to the tech this eliminates the phone always searching for a 4G connection.....Don

TatDroid

Reaction score
I wish it were as easy as setting it to CDMA only. Sometimes it works for a bit, but (for me) it will ALWAYS lose data eventually, no matter what setting I'm on.