Connecting your Phone to your Car to play Music

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
So i have a 04 Dodge dakota. It has a CD player , and cassete player. It has no Aux port. I bought a car charger with my TB, and i just found out that there is a slot for a USB located on the car charger. Is there a way i can hook my TB to that USB and play music through my truck? I tried just hooking it up but im sure it needs to either be on some type of station or tuner. Any ideas?

NickWBurns

Reaction score
I don't think that would work for playing music through your system, the usb ports probably for charging, I doubt its connected to the stereo. But you never know, check the cars manual and see if it could work. If not your only other bet would be a transmitter for the radio or getting a new deck with an aux port.

Sent through a bolt of thunder?

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Get the cassett player with the headphones cord.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rickt1152

Reaction score
A more expensive but wireless option is a Bluetooth speakerphone that utilizes the fm car radio. I use one made by blackberry and it works quite well. There are also some fm radio transmitters that plug into the headphones jack, but this requires you to physically plug the phone in everytime you want to play tunes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
is the op really asking if his car can use its cigarette lighter as a radio input? or am I misunderstanding?

greyghost04

Reaction score
I tried it in my Cadillac and the message came back 'this device is not supported'.

Reaction score
Get the cassett player with the headphones cord.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

This^^. Or just get a head unit, with an aux port, for the vehicle. I got one for my truck for 80 bucks brand new from best buy.

This is my thunderbolt talking...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You can also use an FM modulator. Plugs into the headphones and plays through an odd ball FM channel. Got 1 from radio shack for about 30.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
C

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
is the op really asking if his car can use its cigarette lighter as a radio input? or am I misunderstanding?

My friend has an device that hooks up to his cigeratte lighter that has a usb port which hooks up to his Ipod, and it plays through his speakers. So i figured that the thunderbolt could work the same... Is that really that far fetched?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
It only works because he has a transmitter, with a manual/auto tuner, hooked up between the iPod and cigarette lighter. Your phone has no transmitter or tuner input. You'll have to use the cassette option or head to Best Buy and get something to allow it to work.

Sent from the D2... obviously...

dark juggalo

Reaction score
if you want to use it as a phone and a music player you mite as well give it up...whith the TB htc saw to it we couldnt have both..as you plug into the headphone jack it turns off the microphone(htc says its a feature)and if you get a phone call you have to unplug it so the ppl can hear you talk.
so inur case ur lookin at getting both a MP3 adapter or sterio and a blue tooth device so you can have phonecalls. i went out and bought a new sterio and car dock just to discover this..now im lookin at having to buy a bluetooth device as well.....and i dont even know whats gonna happen when i try add GPS to the equasion.this is one feature that the droid X out did the TB @.