Connecting USB Cable Causes Endless Boot

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have not connected my Droid to the USB cable for a week or so, last time was to update to BB2.1 ver 0.7, which I thought worked fine as the phone has been operating very well / stable. Tonight I was hoping to do add a theme and connected to the USB cable and the phone just keeps looping between the Moto logo, the Droid word and the Droid eye.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't even know where to start looking. I had just completed a successful nandroid backup and had rebooted, in case that helps anyone. I am stumped.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
My phone would restart after connecting a USB once. It was because I had just switched a ROM, and the notification sound I used to use was no longer available. So every time that sound was scheduled to play (like USB notification,) it would reset. I reset my default notification sound and it went back to normal. This may or may not be your issue, just wanted to add my experience.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that - I went into Menu > Settings > Sound & Display and selected one of the Notification Ringtones that are there. . . and I will give it a shot.

Situation Update - excellent suggestion on the notification sound. That was what was causing it. I am connected via USB, mounted and no more reboots! Great suggestion. Thank you very much.

:icon_ banana: