Connecting to PC in MTP mode on a Windows XP Laptop?

ngt

Reaction score
Talked for over an hour with support at Samsung and they can't help me. I have an older Windows XP Gateway Laptop and can't open files and folders via MTP mode from my phone. Went to my dad's laptop (Windows 8) and everything opens perfectly. Anyone got this to work on a Windows XP pc?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It isn't really an XP specific problem. It has happened to Win7 and Win8 users as well. It usually means there is something wrong with the OS. It could be security software, corrupt registry entries and a host of other possible problems. Sometimes it can be solved by switching USB posts/hubs or going to device manager and displaying hidden devices then removing USB devices that no longer exist but most of the time, short of a fresh install of Windows there may not be a solution.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Well, I don't really know what the guy did. He uninstalled my android driver and put it back in. Kies 3 did NOT work. 5 hours and 3 Samsung reps taking over my PC, it works. I know that's not much of a solution, but I think what did it was uninstalling my driver and reinstalling it. Not sure if that was the solution, but that's the last thing I saw the guy do.