1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

connecting to an adhoc network

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by cyberjeff, Jul 19, 2010.

1. cyberjeff

cyberjeff New Member

Does anyone know of a way to get the motorola droid to connect to an adhoc network created by my computer? I know there are programs like Connectify and Virtual Router Manager that turn your computer into a wifi hotspot. But I guess my wireless card is so old that it can only function in adhoc mode with these programs. Thanks for any help.
  2. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Android can't normally connect to a Ad-Hoc network, but you can manually edit the WLAN configuration files to force it to. I have not personally verified this works on a Droid (this information was written for the Hero, apparently), but the Droid does at least have the same configuration files so it is worth a shot:

How to connect an android phone to your ad-hoc wi-fi network | Wissam Idrissi
  3. yorT

yorT New Member

Bring this back up but has anyone confirmed these steps work for the droid?
  4. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

If your phone is rooted then you can get an app from the Market called 'Wireless Tether'. This app will turn the phone into a Adhock wireless connection to which a single devise can connect to at 3G speed. Lots of information on this site and other Android web sites on this specific process and what goes into creating it.
  5. yorT

yorT New Member

We're not trying to tether the phone to use the 3G network. I am trying to connect to an adhoc network that is sent out from a wireless device that I own. Currently there is nothing out that I've seen to make this possible.
  6. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Have you tried following the steps I posted earlier? Did you have a problem with them or some kind of error?
  7. cyberjeff

cyberjeff New Member

I did follow the instructions you posted. But my droid will still not connect to my adhoc network. I can see my adhoc network with WiFi Analyzer. But I can not connect to it. Has anyone had success following these instructions?
Search tags for this page
android 2.1 ad hoc wifi
can galaxy s3 connect to ad hoc networks
connect adhock on android phone

connect to adhoc on galaxy s3

droid 3 ad hoc crash

force android to search and connect to adhoc

how to connect samsung galaxy s3 mobile on ad hoc network
how to connect samsung galaxy s3 to adhoc network
how to enable ad-hoc wireless networks on samsung galaxy s3
how to force android to connect to adhoc
how to let android connect to ad-hoc network