connecting S3 to PC

flucia

Reaction score
I have tried to connect my new S4 to my pc using the usb cable supplied with the phone. When I plug it in the pone beeps, however there is no activity on the pc and looking at the my computer screen, the phone does not show up. Also in reading about this function I saw that the phone is supposed to show a notification at the top of the screen, this does not happen either.

What if anything am I doing wrong? Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
pull the notification bar down and then change it to MTP mode. It'll first say connected as installer, hit that and 2 choices will pop up, check mtp

OP
F

flucia

Reaction score
huh

I have no clue of what you speak. When I pull down the notification bar there is nothing I can see about mpt mode I have a clock readout, the gear for settings and the blocks to switch to see all the icons for the S4 functions such as gps, Bluetooth, sound, etc.

OP
F

flucia

Reaction score
huh reply

OK, just for the heck of it, I connected the usb directly to the pc and not through a hub that woks with everything else I have. Guess what it then worked. Thanks for your help

Alextodd

Reaction score
I don't know why this thing is happening, normally you don't need to do anything in this regard, as your PC recognizes the device automatically. Anyways what's the operating system you are using? And does your PC has any kind of virus?

OP
F

flucia

Reaction score
All is well, it was the usb hub causing the issue.