Connecting my BMW with my Droid

Mark5047

Reaction score
Update - I installed an application called BUMP which allows you to transfer your contact info when you 'bump' phones together, and after that my phone will no longer pair with my car. I think it bombs out when it goes to transfer the phone book, because initially it will pair, then after a few seconds the phone gives an error about com.android.phone stopping and I have to force quit it. Does the phone push the address book / contact list to the car? Or does the car request the contacts from the phone? Does anybody know?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update - I installed an application called BUMP which allows you to transfer your contact info when you 'bump' phones together, and after that my phone will no longer pair with my car. I think it bombs out when it goes to transfer the phone book, because initially it will pair, then after a few seconds the phone gives an error about com.android.phone stopping and I have to force quit it. Does the phone push the address book / contact list to the car? Or does the car request the contacts from the phone? Does anybody know?

What kind of car. On a BMW the phone pushes it

Mark5047

Reaction score
Its an 06 325i - I have been communicating back and forth with support from the Bump app, but so far no luck. I can pair just fine with a standard bluetooth headset so I think the issue really is pertaining to the transfer of contacts.

tommyz

Reaction score
Mazda 6 Bluetooth works after phone UPDATE

I now have Bluetooth stereo. It works great.

BMW owners: Update your phone and you will probably be working.

Mark5047

Reaction score
No Bluetooth stereo for my 06 325i but the phone works again under Bluetooth after the 2.01 android update

rfwright16

Reaction score
I have a 2004 E60, 545 with the BT kit. Last total software update was 5 weeks ago. My droid synced immediately with the car, but after the first call, BT on the phone crashes. it will reconnect, then crash again, then it's done. I hope a solution is found!! The Droid is a great phone.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is still no update fix for Droid support from BMW NA. I recently got that they are still working on this. So still some5'x and 3's seem to have the issue.

DMG0182

Reaction score
I have an 08 ultima and the phone connects just fine using the car's bluetooth through the car stereo but the problem is the calls have a lot of static and the person on the other end can not hear me but I can hear them. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't want to invest in a portable bluetooth device since I really enjoyed using the one in my car in the past with my old storm. Thanks for all your help in advance! Happy New Year!

ValkF6

Reaction score
I have an '08 535i and initially had some problems connecting. But after deleting all the phones previously paired and then pairing the Droid, things are working the way they're supposed to.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an '08 535i and initially had some problems connecting. But after deleting all the phones previously paired and then pairing the Droid, things are working the way they're supposed to.

You are one of the few....BMW NA has told me there is a definately an issue

gorexinfx

Reaction score
The reason why its not working is cause your driving a BMW!

Buy an Audi! Quattro is real AWD. :)

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I was messing around with my ex-girlfriends 09' Nissan Xtra and it has issues occasionally.
HAHA! I swear to God as I was typing this Billy Mays comes on and starts talking about the Jupiter Jack! 2 for $10 people! Pff...

Wagner :motdroidvert: