Connecting Eris to PC to transfer files

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After several failures of transfering my files from my vista pc,i finally figured out how.Try connecting your droid eris to your windows vista pc using a usb cable. on the very top left corner of your eris screen, you will see a usb notification that you are connected.Tap that, then hit MOUNT and you should have a window popped up on your pc. Your point will be under MY COMPUTER which is REMOVABLE DRIVE H. Select the files you want to transfer and drag them to that removable drive H. Unplug usb cable to view the files you transfered to your DROID ERIS. GOODLUCK!!

by: RLKAMANDAG21

One small clarification: It may be a different drive letter, not necessarily H. But it should show up as a removable drive just like a thumb drive!

Do you have an extra usb cable to try?
To everyone else asking how to connect,
I will post pics in a bit, when my wife sets her phone down.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To connect to your computer:
1. Connect your USB cable.

2. If your phone does not connect automatically, From the home screen, hit Menu, then "Connect to PC"
cap2010110519001.jpg

3. Choose "Disk Drive" from the choices.
cap201011051900.jpg

You will now be connected.

To disconnect,
1. UNMOUNT (or EJECT) THE DRIVE FROM YOUR PC FIRST!!!!!!!
If you do not, you will eventually have a corrupt sd card and will run the rick of losing data when you have to format your card.

2. Menu, "Connect to PC"

3. Choose charge only.

Conversely, you can also change between the Disk drive from the USB menu in your notification bar that will appear when you plug in your USB cable.
cap201011051940.jpg

Last edited:

Tiffanyyy

Reaction score
i have done that SOOO many times! and every time hat i do it a message pops up on my pc that says usb device not recognized. and when i go to "my computer" the only thing that shows up is Drive E and when i click it it says insert disk :confused:

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i have done that SOOO many times! and every time hat i do it a message pops up on my pc that says usb device not recognized. and when i go to "my computer" the only thing that shows up is Drive E and when i click it it says insert disk :confused:
Have you tried another usb cable? Another trick is to lay your phone and cable flat on the desk. The USB plugs arent the greatest in these phones.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so if i want to file my pictures by property address into different folders, I have to hook my phone to the computer down load them some how sort and save in different folders on the computer then send them back to the phone? is this correct?
how?

?
windows xp and droid eris are my systems. thanks for any help
John, search for astro file manager in the market. It is an android file program that will allow you to make folders and move files on your sd card through your phone without using a PC.

Tiffanyyy

Reaction score
Have you tried another usb cable? Another trick is to lay your phone and cable flat on the desk. The USB plugs arent the greatest in these phones.

i will have to try to find another cable and i will try that thankss for the help

matthewe

Reaction score
no option to connect to pc in settings?

When I go into settings there is no option to connect to pc. Also when i hook to pc i dont get a notification :/