Connecting Eris to PC to transfer files

Fletchi18

Reaction score
I have done a bit of searching and have not been able to resolve this issue. I am unable to connect the Eris to a Vista PC to transfer files. Are there drivers available for the device?

scajjr

Reaction score
I have done a bit of searching and have not been able to resolve this issue. I am unable to connect the Eris to a Vista PC to transfer files. Are there drivers available for the device?

All you should have to do is connect the cable from your Eris to a USB port on your computer. A notification should come up on the Eris. Tap on it to bring it up and mount the phone to the computer. This turns the phone's SD card into a USB flash drive while it's connected. Then using the file manager in Vista (or XP or Win7) transfer your files. Unmount the phone, disconnect the cable and the files you transferred are now ready for use on the Eris.

Sam

OP
F

Fletchi18

Reaction score
That was what I was missing!! I was having it check for drivers, etc. I told it not to ask again and when I checked explorer I could get in!

Thank you very much for your help!!

scajjr

Reaction score
You're welcome. FYI, Windows 7 recognized the Eris by name right away.

Sam

vaisforlovers

Reaction score
Under "computer" in Vista there is a Drive G but

I don't know if that is what you guys are talking about "recognizing Droid"? It also came up with a solution to install a driver but I elected not to do that since I did not know what SDK version I had or what that was talking about. I also don't know what file manager you are talking about. Do I make a folder on the droid? As you can see I don't have any idea about what I am doing. Please help or tell me what to read. Thank you.
Joanne:unsure:

scajjr

Reaction score
I don't know if that is what you guys are talking about "recognizing Droid"? It also came up with a solution to install a driver but I elected not to do that since I did not know what SDK version I had or what that was talking about. I also don't know what file manager you are talking about. Do I make a folder on the droid? As you can see I don't have any idea about what I am doing. Please help or tell me what to read. Thank you.
Joanne:unsure:

File manager=Windows Explorer (in Vista/7 it's the folder icon on the taskbar on the bottom of the screen).

And yes once you mount the "drive" (the phone's SD card) Windows will show it as a drive letter in Explorer. So you can create folders, copy files from the PC to the phone, delete files, etc. It gets treated just like any other hard drive or flash dive would.

The phone doesn't have the ability to do the file management so it gets done in Windows while you have the phone connected as a "drive". Once the folders are created, files copied, then you un-mount the phone from the computer and the phone and it's apps can then use the files/music/video that you put on.

Sam

swedberg

Reaction score
Look for the notification on Drioid

If you are having trouble connecting to your PC, click on the Menu button on the bottom of the phone then go to Notifications. Look for the USB storage notification. Tap it and you will get an option to Mount it. Press Mount and then your PC will recognize it as a drive with storage.

john1923t

Reaction score
so if i want to file my pictures by property address into different folders, I have to hook my phone to the computer down load them some how sort and save in different folders on the computer then send them back to the phone? is this correct?
how?

?
windows xp and droid eris are my systems. thanks for any help

rlkamandag21

Reaction score
transfering files fron windows vista to droid eris

After several failures of transfering my files from my vista pc,i finally figured out how.Try connecting your droid eris to your windows vista pc using a usb cable. on the very top left corner of your eris screen, you will see a usb notification that you are connected.Tap that, then hit MOUNT and you should have a window popped up on your pc. Your point will be under MY COMPUTER which is REMOVABLE DRIVE H. Select the files you want to transfer and drag them to that removable drive H. Unplug usb cable to view the files you transfered to your DROID ERIS. GOODLUCK!!

by: RLKAMANDAG21

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
After several failures of transfering my files from my vista pc,i finally figured out how.Try connecting your droid eris to your windows vista pc using a usb cable. on the very top left corner of your eris screen, you will see a usb notification that you are connected.Tap that, then hit MOUNT and you should have a window popped up on your pc. Your point will be under MY COMPUTER which is REMOVABLE DRIVE H. Select the files you want to transfer and drag them to that removable drive H. Unplug usb cable to view the files you transfered to your DROID ERIS. GOODLUCK!!

by: RLKAMANDAG21

One small clarification: It may be a different drive letter, not necessarily H. But it should show up as a removable drive just like a thumb drive!

Noelley

Reaction score
If you are having trouble connecting to your PC, click on the Menu button on the bottom of the phone then go to Notifications. Look for the USB storage notification. Tap it and you will get an option to Mount it. Press Mount and then your PC will recognize it as a drive with storage.

My XP computer didn't recognize the device until it was mounted. Thank you so much!

Rory

Reaction score
I have been trying to copy my mp3 to use it as an mp3 player but I can't find the file after it copies on the phone? Where is it? and How can I use it as an mp3 player?
Thanks

Rory :droideris:

Scrumbine

Reaction score
This thread helped me a lot, thank you all for your time.

Most importantly, the 'debugging' thing, knowing about the 'sync' software, and then I had to 'mount' using the notification thing on phone. Now works, thank you again.

sgmidf

Reaction score
I just picked up an Eris for my wife to use and I want to set up some folders on the SD card. I remember seein a post about it, but can't find it. Any recommendations? I recall something about calling them certain things so the phone would recognize them for access. Examples (?) "wallpaper" "music" "photos"
Thanks

Tiffanyyy

Reaction score

i have tried to do this like 85,000 tomes! and every time i do it always device not recognized. i just dont know what else to do. im not very smart when it comes to computer!! =(
BTW i have windows 7 if that matters