1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Connecting Droid with Macbook

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by shelterdog, Feb 3, 2010.

1. shelterdog

shelterdog New Member

Hi...Shelterdog is feeling a little sheltered...not knowing how to get beyond this. iPhoto sometimes recognizes the device and calls it "No Name." iSync recognizes it as Droid and says "paired but not connected". Phone says connection error and can't connect to host. iTunes doesn't even recognize the device at all. Installed the app Bluetooth File transfer still no luck. I understand this can be common, but I'm not a techie so please dumb it down if possible. Thanks.
  2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

:welcome: to DroidForums!

Unfortunately only Apple products can actually sync with iTunes. If you want to sync music to your Droid, download a program called doubleTwist, it's the best we get :D
  3. sudont

sudont New Member

That's not true. For instance, my Motorola razor had no problem with iSync, tethering, or Bluetooth file transfer. I don't know about the particular phone you're using, but as it's a major brand, you should be able to add the device to iSync.
    First, set up the Bluetooth. Just as you would with any other device, set the Mac to "discoverable", and follow the instructions.
    After that, for iSync click "Add Device". You'll figure out the rest.
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! I have a MBP and I move music and photos with no problems. I mount/connect my Droid to my MBP and open the icon. If I want to move a song or play list from iTunes to my phone I just drag and drop. I use the same process for iPhoto.

To move from the phone I reverse.

Mike
  5. linz

linz New Member

...and consider the music file format

I was having trouble with transferring music files to my Droid X until one of my friends helped me realize that I couldn't use whatever the default encoder is for iTunes. I couldn't get files that I "imported" into iTunes to play, even if I dragged them as Mike describes. Once I changed the Import Settings within iTunes to use the MP3 Encoder, I had better luck.

6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Does apples drm work on android? even if it synced wouldnt the songs be unplayable?
Search tags for this page
connect mac book pro with droid

droid and macbook

droid razr link to macbook
droid razr m connect to macbook pro
droid razr m device manager won't download to macbook air
droid razr to macbook bluetooth transfer

droid to macbook

droidx paired but not connected to macbook pro
getting milestone discoverable by mac
how to connect a driod phone to macbook
how to move music from android to macbook pro