Connecting a Droid X to an i-Mac?

Nostromo

Reaction score
Am I supposed to see the SD in the FINDER? All I see are a few files, and none of them will open! I attached a screen shot. I want to transfer a photo to use as my wallpaper. Will I be able to do that once the SD is visible? Thank you.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
make sure on ur DX u pull down the notification menu and select USB mass storage

then ur SDcard will appear in finder and u can transfer stuff to it

dtsig

Reaction score
Am I supposed to see the SD in the FINDER? All I see are a few files, and none of them will open! I attached a screen shot. I want to transfer a photo to use as my wallpaper. Will I be able to do that once the SD is visible? Thank you.
On windows it creates 2 devices. The one you note and the sdcard. THis one has autorun program for windows for connection.

OP
N

Nostromo

Reaction score
I took it to a Verizon store and they reinstalled the SD card...all is well now, thanks!

JulesJC

Reaction score
Steps to opening camera photos on a mac, from your DroidX:

1) Use USB to connect phone to Mac
2) On your phone select "USB Connection - Select to manage your USB connection"
3) Select USB Mass Storage
4) If iPhoto opens, just close it. You can't get your pictures that way.
5) Go up to the search (magnifying glass) in the upper right hand corner of your computer screen. Click on it and type "DCIM" in the search field. Open the first result, which should be a folder called "DCIM". Opening this will take you to a folder called "Camera". Click on this to get access to your camera photos.
6) If you want to see the rest of your phone files, just look for the device called "No Name" in the folder's left hand column with all the other devices. Clicking this will take you to all the folders contained in your phone.

Took me a little bit to figure this out, but this should work for anyone who is having issues viewing their DroidX photos on their iMac (mine is a 10.7.2). dancedroid
6)