Connecticut Considers Taxing Digital Downloads

meishkov

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the hard reality is that it isn't your money. The government has a right to whatever they want, and whatever scraps they let you keep, you should be grateful for.

U have to aspire to greater things than just whatever is left over. Life isn't That long, so you have to do whatever you can using everything you've learned to acquire the things u want and be able to enjoy them for the small amount of time that you'll be able to.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
U have to aspire to greater things than just whatever is left over. Life isn't That long, so you have to do whatever you can using everything you've learned to acquire the things u want and be able to enjoy them for the small amount of time that you'll be able to.

We should, but the reality is that the majority of the population, by virtue of the public education system, has been dumbed down and programmed to rely on government for nearly everything. We think that the government is supposed to run everything, control everything, dictate and limit everything, protect us, feed us, give us housing, the list goes on. And these things cost money. So the government is more than willing to expand itself, take on these burdens and send us the bill.

The more of our money they have, the more they control us and what we do. The less of our money that we have, the more we have to look to them to get through the day. Our relying on them, transfers immense power and wealth to them and keeps them in control.

Instead of a ruling class of nobles or whatever, we have allowed ourselves to create a ruling class of politicians. People that time and again go into politics and work "for the people", and leave office a millionaire several times over while we are losing jobs and our homes...

But sure, go ahead and add more taxes. What's another tax at this point?

meishkov

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with u anymore than I do right now brother. I try to use the power of my imagination and predict when it will end, how it will come to fruition, and who will be responsible for it. It will happen eventually, like another asteroid collision. Its inevitable. But what will it take for all things to truly be created and treated "equal"? The movie idiocracy is a good starting point. Eventually people will get so stupid it'll take a friggin miracle to create a civilization where the entire population is smart enough to realize they were born with a brain and know how to use it and determine what truly is right and wrong, fair and unfair, and good and evil.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am just constantly amazed when people are so laid back about taxes... We send TRILLIONS to Washington every year. What can they possibly be doing that TRILLIONS are not enough??

We don't have a tax issue in America. We have a spending issue. They spend more than they take in, and they take in too much already. But instead of spending less or wasting less, they tell us that we, the people have to sacrifice more because they don't know how to manage our money. They mismanage and waste trillions, and they force us to give them more so that they can waste more, so that they can then raise taxes and charge us even more, etc...

When does it end? How much is enough? When they take 60% of what I make, will that be enough? 75%? How much?

I wish that I were in a situation where if I ran out of money I could just hold a gun to my employer's head and demand more money and get it whenever I wanted. But I would need to become a politician to do that...