Connect to HDTV?

Nblufire12

Reaction score
hey guys,

im trying to connect my galaxy nexus verizon lte 4g to my hdtv

i have no cables but I'm looking to order online. there are so many to choose from but its looking like I need an mhl hdmi adapter.

Is this my only option? Has anyone bought one and confirmed that it works?

I'd prefer to just plug my phone in to my tv without a power source but that seems impossible, which is uber lame.

Any input is greatly appreciated

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yup, an MHL will work just fine!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So I'm forced to have a power source...? That's saddening

Depending on your HDTV you could:

- Connect via USB, and use it as a USB Mass Storage device.
- If your TV or a connected device (like game system/media device) has DLNA you can stream it.

But yeah, I agree 100% with you. I wish they would have just added a microHDMI port to it. Like on a lot of Moto phones.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score

- If your TV or a connected device (like game system/media device) has DLNA you can stream it.

But yeah, I agree 100% with you. I wish they would have just added a microHDMI port to it. Like on a lot of Moto phones.

Argh I just wanted to carry one cord with me so I could setup at one of my friends house at anytime but I guess I'd have to order another usb cable

John Gi

Reaction score

does the ps3 support dlna/

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's only one extra adapter you would have to carry plus the cord, although not quite as convenient as a miniHDMI port it's really not that burdensome, IMO.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Yes your ps3 does dlna. Its under your network settings to turn it on I believe. When its on servers will pop up under music and video tabs on the xmb

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you connect the phone to the Ps3 itself? I used to be able to just pluf my d1 in and mount it and the music was there, never tried video though. How would I go about doing this with the G Nex so it streams videos on my phone too?

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
get a dlna server app on your phone, set it up to the folders or whatnot of your choosing. apps very tho. turn on dlna on your ps3. have phone connected to wifi and ps3 or wired. select your device from ps3 (ie) phone. enjoy
*** edit *** bubbleupnp app is top rated!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
get a dlna server app on your phone, set it up to the folders or whatnot of your choosing. apps very tho. turn on dlna on your ps3. have phone connected to wifi and ps3 or wired. select your device from ps3 (ie) phone. enjoy

sweet will try it out, thanks

John Gi

Reaction score

Thank man

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

stig70

Reaction score
Kannex HML Adapter works great ~$30 from Cyberguys.com Yes you will need a power source, but worked right out of the box, and well worth it.