Congratulations DroidForums

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by P3Droid, Dec 8, 2009.

1. P3Droid

P3Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been a part of numerous sites. I have been a mod on two well known sites. I would like to express my support for this site and its members for the way that you treat each other with respect.

I remember when I signed up and I thought wow number 150 hope this site grows. One month later the site is over 10,000. This sort of growth normally takes 6-9 months, and you ahve attained it in 1 month.

So Good Job, and keep of the Good work.

2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    P3Designs it's members like you and all the others who have made this forum what it is today.

We talk in the mod area how the members here are pretty awesome. EVERYBODY is very helpful and VERY friendly.

I'm pretty happy to be associated with such a great site.

All the members here should give temselves a great big hand : ) seriously you all are pretty awesome.

The admins here are looking out for you guys and have big plans for this place.

With that said I'd personally like to thank EVERYONE here for making this such a great place to find excellent information and making everyone feel welcome.

Peace

3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    +1 with that. Being a mod on here has been nice. Get to interact with all the people that come on, and the best thing is so far, is everyone has been just about amazing with treating each other with respect. I'm really glad to be a part of this forum.

4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    that is kinda crazy, in a good way.

I browsed every Android/Droid forum and this is where I stopped... like how simple the lay out is yet it's not 'plain'.

People have been great... esp coming from a very 'testy' BB forum that need not be mentioned :)

5. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree folks here have generally been very helpful and there's a good vibe around the place. Hope it lasts!

Edited to add: I moderate on a couple of other sites and in general it's the moderators that set the tone by establishing what's "out of bounds". Good job (so far) moderators! Thanks for doing what is a thankless job.

6. Milehighjc

Milehighjc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a relatively new member (2 weeks I think??), Ill add my thanks to all here, mods and members. I came from a Treo platform, and found a couple of good forums dedicated to that device, but this one is by far the best Ive seen. Everyone is helpful, and I have found COUNTLESS tips, tricks and general knowledge that has made my new Droid the fantastic tool that it is. Without this forum, it would have taken months to be where I am today, a short two weeks after taking the Droid home. In fact, without this forum, I may have never selected the Droid, what a shame that would have been.

The sheer number of members makes it possible to find other people almost immediately that have a wealth of experience and knowledge.

So to all thanks!

jc

7. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't have typed that any better, Nice to see you P3 :)

8. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. This place blew up QUICK. Most the time when you get this many people together all of a sudden there are a bunch of clashes but so far this place has been great. I'm glad I found it so early, its currently my main source for Droid info.

9. Baconstrip

Baconstrip Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe what a low member # I have compared to how gigantic this site has grown since I registered.

Definitely a wonderful website to be a part of when you are a droid owner :)

10. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Owning and operating 8 forums myself, I agree, the mods here have done a good job controlling the few people that have went astray. I just hope the admins don't get greedy and put up more and more advertisements.... making a little money is nice, but getting carried away with ads will drive everyone away.

But so far so good.... Keep it up guys.

11. yoopermjm

yoopermjm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I lurked here for two weeks as a "free" out of contract cell user who had to buy 5 phones for my entourage and wanted to buy them all at once to minimize my two year damage. I was trying to decide between the droid and the iphone. I also lurked on some iphone sites. Well, guess where I went? Love my droid. Thanks to all for being so upfront and helpful that the decision was a fairly easy one. No apple ghetto for me!

12. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +151
    It's been a heck of a ride for the entire staff over the last month and we have enjoyed every minute of it! We have come a long way from the days before the device was even out and discussions were among 6-7 users :) Thanks to the members and staff for making this a great resource for Droid Users!

13. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Crackberry's loss is our gain. Glad you're over here CK. Since you mod here, please don't let this site ever turn into CB Jr. with all the bickering that goes on there.

14. vzwmandroid

vzwmandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im a new member also and let me tell ya
    I :heart:this site, iv learned alot these past few days exploring this place thanks to all the mods and members of this great site

15. vzwmandroid

vzwmandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this site is a perfect :rating10: