? & Confusion on Task Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chawpz

Reaction score
Why is that? Just curious. Thanks!

Edit: didn't quote the above about 2.2 not needing task killers. Still figuring tapatalk out, lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am on the leaked 2.2 build and rooted with disabled bloatware. I still use ATK and autostarts, love them both. But for ATK I don't use auto kill for anything, I use it on stuff like games and google earth. Takes up almost 20mb of memory keeping that in the background, and I ignore all the system stuff that will just come back on anyway.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no need to kill stuff that's running idly in the background. Stuff sitting idly in memory doesn't use CPU/battery and Android will kill it as needed.

psionhacker

Reaction score
Yeah, the memory will use the same amount of power regardless of how much is available or free. However, the applications use of data connections, resources, and the processor is what contributes to battery drain as far as apps are concerned.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
if the app is written properly it won't use any of that when it's not being used.

i've been running on froyo leak without reboot for 4+ days and extended battery lasts me 2 days with moderate usage.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd post it but I'm on tapatalk. Search the forum for "task killers" and you should see a thread titled "Task killers... The answer from Google and developers".

Very helpful thread on this topic.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd post it but I'm on tapatalk. Search the forum for "task killers" and you should see a thread titled "Task killers... The answer from Google and developers".

Very helpful thread on this topic.

There are some topics that are repeated here in the X, Incredible, and D2 threads that don't need to be repeated. Same rules apply.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.